chapter 4

Harry's POV

What was wrong with me?! I don't like the effect that she has on me. As she held onto my arm, she looked as I'd she were burning holes through my head. She has this control and effect on me that nobody has ever had on me before.

Don't get me wrong, Valerie is drop-dead gorgous, and I would love to have a relationship with her, but it scares me that I have all of these 'lovey dovey' cliche feelings about her, when she probably feels nothing at all!

She probably just sees me as some random guy that secretly fancies her. I want so much more with her, but I don't want to get myself worked up and have deep feelings for a girl, and her not feel the same way. I would be heartbroken. Only time will tell, if she really does have feelings for me or not. But for now, all that matters, is that I'm spending time with a really cute and sweet girl that seems to get me better than my own mother. I really see us being the greatest of friends. Or hopefully more......

Valerie's POV

As soon as I touched his arm, sparks ignited througout my whole upper body. I had never felt like this before about anything! Or anyone...

I had, had a boyfriend before in the past, but I thought it would be better if I didn't tell him about that. He treated me terribly! He just couldn't respect me the way I needed him to if things were gonna work out between us. He failed my expectations, and I was done. I broke up with him, and he was REALLY mad. He slapped me once. I started to call the police but he ran off. He is really a immature child with good looks. I still wish him well in life though.

I don't know how I know this, but i can just see it in Harry's eyes. His eyes told you everything about him. He was a caring and cheeky guy, you could tell he was honest and trustworthy, and he was so respectful and kind to me. I can get all of this information just by looking into his eyes. They tell a story.

 I wonder what he thinks about me? Does he think i'm attractive. Ha! I doubt it.. No one has ever called me beautiful, other than my mom, but you know how they are. I really like this guy, and I want him to be more than just my best friend. But I know he won't feel the same way. He probably gets asked out by complete strangers everyday for all I know!

But we are not complete strangers. We have something special. I just hope he feels the same way.

I let go of his arm, and took a step back.

He continued to stare at me, not uttering a word. He just stood there in a daze..... In deep thought. I coughed akwardly, and he just snapped out of some kind of deep thought.

" Oh my god! I'm so sorry. I- I didn't mean to stare at you like that. I just couldn't...." Harry stopped talking and looked at the ground.

" It's fine Harry. You're not the only one who stares at my ugly face." I replied quite simply and chuckled to myself remebering my school years of terribly memories and people I want to forget.

" What?! I was not staring at you beacuse you're ugly! I was actually the opposite..." he muttered the last part.

I turned to take off my apron, when I heard Harry mutter something very quiet, something he probably thought no one else could here.

" You're beautiful..." he whispered to himself, barely audible.

Oh my god! Did I just here what I heard? I felt the twentieth blush of the day, creep onto my face again.

" Thanks Harry"  I muttered back, just above a whisper.

I heard his breathe hitch in his throat once the words left my mouth.

" You heard that?" Harry asked, almost frantically.

I nodded my head slowly, and started making my way past Harry towards the door. He stopped me with his arm. Once again, I had to feel the tingly sensation and the butterfiles!