Chapter 3

Mel's POV

"Why are your eyes so wide girls?" Gordon asks us.
"Well," Ms. Young begins to explain. "You are the parents of Dinah Jane of Fifth Harmony, Dinah is their favorite member."
"And we would love to bring in two beautiful girls who are in love and admire our daughter and her band mates," Milika says.
"I'm sure you would. So just follow me to the desk so that you could sign over the release papers," Ms. Young tells them. The Amasio's then gently follow her over to the desk.
I then turn towards Sky. "Is this really happening?" I ask her in a fangirling way by whispering so that the others won't hear.
   "Yeah I guess so!" Sky whispers back to me.
   We then turn back and face towards the curious spectacle that is happening at Ms. Young's desk.
   "Congratulations girls! You are officially recognized as the adopted kids of Milika and Gordon Amasio," Ms. Young says. "Off you go to your new home!"
Sky and I then give Ms. Young a huge farewell hug. Once we reached our new dad's car, Sky and I give one final wave to Ms. Young. I started to get a little emotional from waving a goodbye to her. Ms. Young was a the most amazing temporary mother me and Sky had. She always had faith that Sky and I would leave the orphanage where, sometimes, no hope in being adopted is found; she does the same for all the other orphaned children.
As I back away from that thought, I find myself sitting in a car, a non-living item that I haven't been in years. The only vehicle I have been in was a bus for school and other destinations. Since it has been a long time since I've been inside a car, it feels weird.
   "First stop, the court," Gordon announces to the passengers.
   "Why the court?" Sky curiously asks. "No one got arrested, right?"
   Gordon and Milika-or should I say mom and dad-start to chuckle from what Sky asked.
   "No honey, no one got arrested. We have to go to court so that you and your sister could officially be recognized as adopted children," Mom says.
   "Oh ok," Sky says in assurance.
   The ride to the court is filled with chatter, mainly mom and dad getting to know more about Sky and I. In the middle of our ride we stop to get some McDonald's since it was lunch time. Sky and I became so excited about getting McDonald's that it even scared mom and dad. We then assured mom and dad that we are fine and it's because we haven't had McDonald's in a long time. That gave a sign to mom and dad that we are okay.
    Minutes after all four of us were done munching on some unhealthy cuisines, we enter the courtroom.
    "Just to give you girls fair warning, our kids-who are your soon-to-be siblings-are crazy," mom warns me and Sky.
    "Oh we know," Sky says. "Since we're fans we know how they are."
    "Of course. Why did I all of a sudden forget that you and Mel were fans?" Mom says with a chuckle.
We then march on to the destination of our soon-to-be siblings. Once we reach them, dad gives them our grand announcement, "Hansen's meet your two new sisters." The eyes of Sky and me make contact with the eyes of the Hansen's; their eyes go wide.
"Ahhh my two new sisters!!!" Dinah says as she comes running towards Sky and I. She then gives both of us tight hugs. Sky and I hug her back, which made me and her star struck.
Dinah lets go and then becomes concern, "Are you two okay? Both of you look like you've been star struck."
"That's because they are Dinah. Both of them are fans of Fifth Harmony and you're their favorite member," mom tells her.
"Oh really!?" Dinah asks and me and Sky nod our heads "yes." "That's so amazing!"
After that we greet the rest of the siblings. But one of them is missing, "Where's Seth?" I ask.
"Oh he's in daycare. Don't worry, both of you will meet him after we drop all of you home," mom tells us.
"Order in the court!" all of us suddenly hear coming from the judge's mouth. All of us quietly take our seats.
    After hearing all of the court argot coming from the judge's mouth, mom and dad finally sign those adoption papers. Mom and dad then hand the judge the papers and then the judge says, "I hereby declare Melanie Smith and Skyler Smith the official, adopted daughters of Mrs. Milika Amasio and Mr. Gordon Amasio."
The whole family erupts into cheers and applause. Sky and I both receive a tight squeeze from Dinah, who is obviously exuberant that we are her sisters now. The whole family then takes a celebratory picture with the judge. After that, I look into Sky's eyes. I find myself smiling and her smiling back at me. We then hug each other, with a smile, knowing that we will be living in a place, a place that we could finally call home.