Chapter 1: How far we have come

I wake up to a crying baby. Then I hear a door closing and tiny little feet running on the wooden floor to our room. When they're just outside the room they stop and in the dark I see those beautiful blue eyes looking at me.

"Hey baby." I say quietly so Peeta won't wake up. When she understands that I'm awake she comes to my side of the bed and I lift her up to sit in my lap, facing me.

"Why are you up?" I wisper to her.

"Rye is crying again!" She wispers back.

"Okey, I will go and check on him." I say, kissing her on the head before I get out of bed. The bed was warm so I shake a little before my body gets used to the chilly air. Willow have closed the door to the room so I'm careful when I open it, if there is any chance that Rye has fallen asleep again.

He is still crying but not as loud as before. I pick him up and rest him on my hip.

"Shh it's okey, mommy is here! Shhhh! It's okey!" I say over and over again to him. After about 5 long minutes he stops crying and is half asleep in my arms. I lay him down in his bed again and I leave the room with the door open. We always have the door open so we can hear the children or get them out of the room fast if something were to happen.

When I get back into our bedroom again, both Peeta and Willow are sleeping soundly. Peeta with Willow in his arms and Willow with her blue bunny in her arms. They look so cute and my whole face is smiling at them. I tell myself that I can't risk to wake any of them up, so I pick some blankets from our drawer and head down to the couch.

I lay down, thinking about my children. Sometimes when I can't sleep, I think of something good so I can dream about it when I finally fall asleep.

I think of their personalities. Rye is like Peeta. He is so charming and curious. He has so much energy for only a two-year old and we always have to have an extra eye on him. Willow is a little more like me but not much. She is stubborn and always want things to come fast and be like she wants them to be. If they aren't, she is fast to start crying. Rye almost never cries and takes things as they come. Well, except for when some nightmares make a visit, like tonight. 

Willow is six and goes to school in the new one that has been rebuilt after the rebellion. Rye is home with me and Peeta works at the bakery. But right now it's summer break and all of us are home. Peeta works sometimes but that's just for his own good. It's like therapy.

I know that we have been through so much, but at the same time I feel like we have been very lucky. I mean, we have come this far. I never thought I could do it.

Before my sleep takes over I think of it all one last time and then close my eyes with a smile on my face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is probably no one that is going to read this story but if you do please write in the comments if I should keep writing!❤