maine?

Alden's POV

5:31AM

It was the crack of dawn when Kristoffer called me.

"Faulkerson!"

"Natutulog yun tao, eh." I groaned. I checked the alarm clock beside my bed and saw that it only had been an hour and a half since I got to bed.

"Shut up."

"Gladly." I rolled my eyes even though he can't see me. I thought of just hanging up on him but apparently Kristoffer also sensed that.

"Don't hang up yet! I have something important to say!"

I sat up and opened my lamp, eyes squinting as I try to adjust to the brightness.

"Could this wait later? Wala pa kong tulog—"

"You and Maine are going on a date."

"—tapos may shoot pa ko. Wait what?"

The moment I heard her name I knew I just had to stop.

"Yeah, dude! I've thought it through." He exclaimed, feeling proud of himself. I snorted at the idea.

"Really, you've thought it through?"

As much as I really do wanted to go on a date with Maine, however Kristoffer has a history of well, fucking things up.

"Oo nga! Parang di mo ko pinagkakatiwalaan!"

"Actually—"

"You have my word, RJ. Kapag sinabi mong kailangan mo ng tulong, you best be knowing na yan ang matatanggap mo galing sakin." He said in a serious tone that I almost wanted to believe him.

"I can't believe I'm saying this—" I am honestly so tired right now, I just wanted him to hang up on me so I could go back to sleep.

"—but I'm willing to trust you in this one, Tun."

I heard him him let out a sigh of relief like he knew I was going to say no.

"Lovelife ko nakataya dito."

He snorted. "Nyemas, binanatan pa ko. Matulog ka na nga."

"What about the detai—"

"Bye!"

And the bastard hung up on me.

7:46AM

Two hours since Kristoffer's call and I have yet to come back to sleep. Downing on my second cup of coffee, I realized that going to bed will be impossible now since not only is my system filled with adrenaline, the realization that I'm actually seeing Maine for the first time made me feel all giddy inside, like a goddamn thirteen year old.

Maine.

Despite the short span of time I've know her (three months, 16 days to be exact), I've never felt this way towards anyone before.

She is very special to me, in ways I couldn't figure out yet.

The moment I saw her profile in my notifications, I was immediately drawn. Not only was her little crush on me was adorable, she was also funny. And pretty feisty. I liked how straight forward she is—talking about wanting to kick my balls all the time—and how she treats me for who I am and not the celebrity that I am.

I love Kristoffer and all, although in not that way, but with Maine, I found my better half. My better half in a sense that we just fit perfectly and our personalities compliment each other. She makes me smile and I make her blush.