More than words could say

Afterwards the magic passed too soon. I became shy and embarrassed by my body. I had never noticed how much my bones stuck out. Each rib was like the step of a ladder. I didn't know that the top bone of a person's shoulder was not supposed to stick up untill I saw Jasper's. My collar bones looked like a real collar around my neck. My spine, my hips, my elbows all stuck out.

I was disgusted by my self, I was ugly. Where as Jasper, as I had always known was beautiful not just on the inside but on the outside as well. He looked like the type of boy every girl would swoon over, I didn't match I was short and more masculine and child like than I should have been.

If it was a possibility I would have blushed, Jasper was surprised by my haste to re-dress myself. I didn't want him to blame himself, as seemed to be his first instinct towards everything I said or did. He looked confused at first then realisatio crossed his face and all trace of happiness disappeared.

He stepped towards me, placing his hand on my neck with a feather touch. I'd just shoved my dress loosley over my head and thrown my arms through the short sleeves. I wore nothing else yet. My instinct, was of coarse, to turn at his touch. He looked my right in the eye and said nothing.

He had no need for words, I felt a river of courage and love that was indescribable flow through to me like magic. I felt myself relax without choice and then he stopped,

"See," he whispered, his hand slid from my neck to my chin and held it firmly so I could not turn away, he looked at me with those deep, life-filled eyes and said slowly,

"I know what your thinking and hear me now, You. Are. Beautiful," I snorted, he was telling me what I wanted to hear, only he could find me beautiful. He knew I did not believe a word he was saying, and so he took matters into my own hands. He moved his hands, replacing them under my arms he picked me from the ground, moving his hands to rest against my back.

He kissed me quickly and then led my forehead to his shoulder,

"You are the most beautiful girl in my world, that is all that will ever matter. I love you, Alice. More than any words could ever say."

I smiled despite myself and pushed back from his shoulder, planting a hand on each one and extending my arms fully. I found, by the way he held me, that I was actually looking down on him, I felt tall even though my feet dangled two foot from the ground.

"I love you too," I laughed and let him put me back to the ground so he could continue dressing.

I pushed my hands behind my hair to try and fluffy it up a little bit, since, like all hair it looked like an iron had been ran over it because I had lain still for such a long time. I noticed something was stuck to my neck. After examining it further it wasn't something stuck to my skin but a little ridge, about two centimetre's long.

Two teeth long.

I smiled, remembering how the marks had came about. I remembered I had felt his teeth rake over my skin and thought nothing of it, now I had a tiny scar, it's still there now, like a momentum of that first experience. 

                                                                   ***************************

The day began in the same way as the last one had ended, though it was still dark when we set off, far before what any human would consider morning. Jasper was eager to catch the scent of his brother before they got away and we never saw them again.

As luck would have it in the next few hours, with the work from both Jasper and myself we traveled further West till we eventually arrived in an abandoned village in the forests.