Chapter 2 - Luke

Chapter 2- Luke

It's been a week since the first day of school, and my first dream about Luke

Luke is the work of my imagination. I started drawing him since I was five. Whenever I want to convey my emotions in a piece of artwork, I would use him as my subject, and it would always be him. Luke riding a bike, when I feel happy, or Luke sitting by a tree in autumn, when I feel I sad. Luke peeking a inside a box when I'm curious. Luke jumping or dancing when I'm excited. Luke watching kids play when I'm jealous. Luke watching a rainbow near a waterfall when I'm amazed. Luke, Luke, Luke.

I started drawing him as a simple young boy, and as my skill grew wider, his image became more realistic. As I grow, I also feel the urge to let Luke grow, so that a piece of my childhood would always be with me.

Now, Luke is already an adolescent, like me. His eyes, that look so friendly were ocean deep, its color between blue and green. His pink lips look soft and gentle. The golden glory of his hair, that is always messy, reaches his eyes. So yeah, he's handsome.

After my first dream about him, I  dreamt about him again after 2 days. The only words I can remember him saying were 'You' and 'don't. After that, I dreamt about him again, and I remember him saying 'give up' and 'hold on'. So I'll guess he was saying either 'You give up, Don't hold on' or 'You hold on, don't give up'. It's still a blur you see, and I'm pretty sure that he was saying more than that. And I really have no idea what the fuss was about, because why on Earth would a piece of my imagination send weird messages like that in my dream? I mean, isn't that kind of absurd?

I am now in the school cafeteria taking my succulent meal of grilled beef tenderloin prepared by no other than my Nana. As I took a bite, I enjoyed the heaven that's in my mouth. The juicy beef, the right amount of spices, the explosion of fla---

'Can I take a seat?' Someone asked, and because no one's around me, I guessed the voice was speaking to me, so I looked up. It was Gerald Zaffron, the very shy guy at homeroom and arts class.

'Sure' I said and he instantly took a seat.

'I'm Gerald Zaffron' he said.

'I know you, you're in my homeroom and arts class. I'm Eman, Mary Emmanuel Holmes' I said nonchalantly. I continued lunching on my meal. Then there was a very awkward silence, so I looked at Gerald, only to find out that he's giving me a very strange look.

'Is there something wrong? Do I have dirt on my face or something?' I asked him. That's when he snapped out of his odd moment.

'Nothing. I just can't believe that a scholar like me is sitting in front of the richest girl in school!' He nearly squealed. 'And sorry for not remembering your face.'

'Nah, that's okay, I don't look extraordinary anyway, so we're cool and plus I'm not the richest here, that title belongs to Maria Vanessa Victoria.' And I nodded to their direction. I can see Vanessa making fun of a newbie, with her group of 'followers and fans' who treat her like a princess. Well, she can be a princess --- princess of darkness.

We finished eating our food, and we sat there in comfortably silence. He was listening to music, while I watched how Vanessa tortured a nerdy girl by throwing her apple and milk on the girl.

'So are we friends now?' He said with a bit of discomfort just after the bell rang.

And because its a rarity that anyone would ask me to be their friend, I accepted the offer. We then went off with our own separate ways. He got out of the cafeteria faster than I did to God knows where. While I, I went to my History class.

'So yes, that's what happened blabity blabity bla bla' I can hear Miss Roman saying with her monotonous voice. No one really cared about what she was saying. Some students at the back were already riding unicorns in their heads. Some were having a comical converstaion with their friends. For me, I decided that admiring the view of the town from the window, is a more sensible thing to do.