Glaring Eyes: Day 1

Brian: the less the days, the faster your son recovers.

Brian vanished. Michael sighed and touched his throat.

Michael: 20 days it is. (Trying to calm down)

***

Day 1.

The following morning at 6.00 A.M.

Michael woke up to find Emily dressed and all ready.

Michael: Morning Honey (as he yawned) why are you up so early?

Emily: I'm going to the hospital. Karen needs to go to work so I'll replace her.

Michael: Oh shit! I forgot (As he jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom)

Emily: What's the rush? The doctor asked you to rest!

He slammed the door behind him.

Emily: or maybe not. (In confusion)

***

At the office.

Jeremy observed Michael in a manner that would have made anyone jump out through the window.

Jeremy: So you're telling me you want to give up the McIntosh and Laurent cases to take up another one?

Michael: Yes, sir.

Jeremy: Why?

Michael: It's important to take this because...how should I put it? It's important for me.

Jeremy: For you huh? (As he arched a brow)

Michael nodded slightly.

Jeremy: Let me remind you that when you are working on a case, you put aside your personal matters. You know better than anyone that personal matters prevent people from becoming police officers.

Michael nodded understandingly.

Jeremy: And I don't understand how a case can be any important than any other when the pay is the same.

Michael: Sir... (Trying to defend himself)

Jeremy: What's this all about? (Yelling madly)

He took a file from his briefcase and handed it over to Jeremy. Jeremy ran his eyes through it and burst into laughter.

Jeremy: Brian Clarke!

Michael: So you know about him?

Jeremy: He died about three years ago and so? (Laughing hard) do you want to bring justice to his wife now! (Mocking him)

Michael: Yes.

Jeremy put on a serious face and glared at him.

Jeremy: Ryan Barrett killed him?! (As he arched a brow) you want to go against him?

Michael nodded.

Jeremy: Go back in your office and come back reporting those 2 cases.

Michael: But sir...

Jeremy: If I hear any of that crap again, you will be transferred elsewhere. And this is the end of our conversation.

Michael took his briefcase and rushed out angrily and went straight in his office.

Stewart came in.