Chapter 3 - Blood Sisters-Saved

Sophie's dress is the one on the right! :)

Recap--

Ethan was staring intently at her as well as Joe. A sad expression on their faces. Matt was looking at Chloe, looking as if he was in a day dream. Hmmm, wonder if something was happening there? Sophie thought. Maybe it was time to play cupid.

There were three knocks at the door and Nina walked in.

Oh well, time to get turned into a vampire.

Chapter 3 - Avar

Avar was sat on her bed randomly strumming notes on her guitar when her Mum and Greg returned from taking Sophie to her new school. She didn't think she could face saying goodbye to her in fear that she would let her emotions out. She had worked so hard to build the walls that she hid behind, there was no way Sophie leaving home was going to break them.

"Avar, get down here!" Mum shouted up the stairs.

With a sigh Avar set down her guitar on the bed and walked downstairs. She found Mum and Greg in the kitchen.

"What?" She asks as she leans against the breakfast bar.

"There's no need to be so rude. And you could have said goodbye to your sister today, I'm not at all happy about it. This is a big deal and you don't even support her!"

"I didn't feel like it." Avar replied. Yes, she sounded rude and distant bit it was better that then letting anyone in. There was no point trying with Mum anyway. She couldn't do anything right if she tried so there was no point trying and then being knocked down.

"I'm going to work in a minute so I need you to make tea for tonight. I'm not going to be back until after six." Mum said. She didn't even ask. She just expected. Typical. Why didn't she ask Greg for once. All he does is eat, get drunk and watch football.

"Whatever." And then Mum left the house leaving Avar and Greg standing in the kitchen. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out a can of beer, popping the lid. Avar sighed getting to work on the dinner so she could go back up to her room and have no one bother her. She went to the fridge and pulled out the ingredients to make chicken wrapped in bacon. Greg was watching her every move.

"What are you making?" He asked her.

"Chicken." She replied.

"Well I don't want that. Stop taking the easy option and make something proper."

"I don't really care what you want! If you want something different, make it yourself!" Avar shouted getting angry and turning to face him. He wasn't her Dad and he didn't have the right to boss her around! All of a sudden he was in front of her and Avar saw a huge grubby hand coming her way. Then she was on the floor her left cheek stinging and hot. She had dropped her ingredients and they were scattered on the floor.

Greg had slapped her. And hard. The impact brought tears to her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She looked up and Greg was leaning over her.

"Don't you ever answer back to me! You will do as I say in this house, and that's final. Now get up and make something different! And I better not here one word of protest from you!" He screamed at a cowering Avar.

Avar gathered up her scattered ingredients and put them back and decided to make lasagna instead. Greg grunted in approval and went into the living room, switching on the TV and collapsing onto the coach. The back of Greg's head was facing Avar and she was very tempted to hit it with dish she was holding. Instead she settled for giving him the finger. It was a cheap shot but it made her feel better all the same.