Chapter 2

Steve's Office- WOOHP Australia

Everyone dropped off their suitcases in the office, which while quite similar to Jerry's, had a few potted plants, photos and paintings scattered about. Steve gestured to four water bottles on his desk.  After the visitors had taken theirs and expressed thanks, the group left the office to briefly tour the training room, gadget lab, and criminal containment facility.  The high-tech prison especially was quite modest in size compared to their own at the L.A. branch.

Steve took a call, then after half a minute or so announced, "Ace! B and B just got back in by mini sub underground. Let's grab your belongings and go meet them."

"OK!" chimed Alex smiling at the clever nickname for their friends, as everyone got back to the office, dropped off their water bottles, and rolled their suitcases out of the office to the elevator down the hall.

Front Lobby

They descended to the bottom floor and the doors parted to reveal a modest-sized, high-ceiling room with a black-haired young man and young woman woman with long dark blue hair seated on a lobby couch near the front desk.

"Blaine! Britney!" the girls enthused, catching the attention of the pair, who stood to take fierce hugs from each of the girls and warm handshakes from Jerry.

"It's been too long, guys" smiled Blaine. "We would've been here sooner, but just got in from an underwater investigation."

"So good to see you all! If Dean was here, we'd have the whole gang," pointed out Britney.  She noticed Sam smile a bit sadly at this, and Jerry spoke up, "Yes, Dean is actually temporary Los Angeles director in my absence." Blaine and Britney both looked a bit impressed at this news.

Steve looked at the sizable group of elite agents. "Not to bring down the mood, but I might as well get this over with. That situation I mentioned." Everyone's expressions grew a bit more serious. "Usually we do this in my office, but since we're all here--  Someone's been targeting the fishing industry of our country.   Clipping nets before  catches can be brought aboard. This person leaves no clues behind, and didn't turn up the past few times we shadowed a fishing boat in mini subs."

Blaine nodded as Steve continued, "Our economy is taking a hit. We're investigating possible suspects; people with a grudge against the industry or that want to protect fish to an extreme. And the gadget lab's getting stealth added to our subs ASAP."

Steve eyed the visitors, "Hate to ask this, but would you all mind giving us a hand while you're here visiting?"

"Of course, Steve," Jerry replied immediately amidst the girls' affirmations.

"Thanks, I'll let you know if anything comes up then," Steve said as he stepped to the front doors to trigger them to slide open. "Your ride to the hotel awaits, ta!" he said, gesturing to a black sedan in the parking lot outside. The visiting team gave thanks to Steve and  their own goodbyes before exiting the building with Blaine and Britney.

"We can meet up later after you've settled in. I'll give a call," Blaine said while he and the car's driver helped load everyone's luggage in the trunk.

"Yeah, after all, tomorrow..." Britney said musically, "we're going out to dinner for your birthday!"

She grinned and gave Sam a shoulder hug, then walked over to the passenger side of Blaine's small, white car nearby.

"Oh, awesome! Thanks!" Sam said to her, then looked around to everyone else. "Can't wait!"

Everyone boarded their respective vehicles and drove off to their destinations.

Please comment, vote, and spread the word if you enjoyed this. Thank you!