Chapter 8

Sea Reef Restaurant

After the captives were dropped off, everyone had time to return to their respective homes and hotels to get showered, changed, and off to the restaurant. The group was enjoying dinner and chatting festively at a large table.

"Hm, those of us having seafood, can do so worry-free," Jerry quipped dryly.

Sam smiled at that, then caught Alex's attention. "Thanks so much for the save, Alex. I was so relieved you weren't hurt."

Alex gave her a hug and replied, "No prob, Sammy. Couldn't have anything bad happening to the birthday girl today."

"You did a great job too Clover," Sam said, turning her attention to her other friend. "Oh, this is nice," Sam added, indicating her Mimosa.

"Thanks Sam. I'm so glad things worked out today," Clover replied. "Hm, that's right... it's your first drink. Enjoy!"

Clover smiled and sipped her Bloody Mary. She's turned 21 a few months before Sam, and had a healthy drink like the one she had tonight on occasion.

Alex, not yet of drinking age, was having an apple cider.  She grinned when she noticed a waiter approaching with a round white frosting cake, topped with a candle. The group sang out the Happy Birthday song, and a bashful Sam made a silent wish before blowing out the candle. After everyone had cake, she opened gifts from Steve, Blaine, Britney, and finally Jerry.

Jerry's gift was a framed photo of he and the girls at the hotel that morning for breakfast. Sam thanked him and enjoyed a little more time with everyone until it was time for the eventful day to finally come to a close.

Hope you enjoyed that one.  It was a blast for me.  Hope to visit Sydney someday.

Please comment and vote if you wish.  Thank you!