Chapter 6

Seaside Warehouse- Sydney

Soon after the sub left, a WOOHP sub came to a stop at a pier near the warehouse. Blaine and Britney had been briefed by Steve, and had pinpointed the device's signal to this location. They'd noticed what looked like a sealed entrance underwater, but didn't want to force their entry and possibly ruin the element of surprise. Instead, they used Bungee Belts to reach the roof, then entered a ventilation shaft.

Both spies had donned compact gas masks, a WOOHP gadget they'd agreed with Steve on being a wise precaution for infiltration. Blaine found the exit to the shaft closest to the signal, looked around carefully for any signs of danger, then expertly removed the cover.

He and Britney kept to the wall, hidden behind what appeared to be sub maintenance equipment. They both had M-Ray contact lenses, and had noticed a man upstairs on a catwalk, obscured from conventional sight. The other two were at the table near the device. Blaine signaled to Britney, then moved silently to approach their target. Blaine struck out at one man, rendering him unconscious with a solid kick.

The other man had some sort of energy gun out in a flash, and fired, but missed Blaine. Not wanting to take chances, the henchman ran for the stairs. Sure enough, a canister was fired from upstairs, which filled the area around the device with gas. Both henchmen looked on from upstairs carefully, wearing gas masks.

After the gas had dissipated, they went down the stairs and confirmed that the intruder was unconscious. When one of the men attempted to grab Blaine under the arms to take him captive, to his astonishment, his hands passed right through him. While the gas obscured their vision for a while, Blaine had used his M-Rays to see quite clearly, and had taken cover. Britney, meanwhile, had moved into position to use her holographic mood ring to project an image of Blaine, seemingly unconscious.

The two were blindsided by the spy team, and were quickly secured with the third henchman, thanks to Blaine's Bungee Belt cable. Brittney, who had radioed WOOHP before Blaine left cover, flipped off the shutoff switch to the device.

Steve and a few agents promptly arrived by forced entry through the building's front door.

"Good work, you two; agents have confirmed all sea life in the area is no longer being driven away!" Steve remarked. "The mastermind's a slippery eel, though. We've got a reading that the other sub is making a getaway, but your friends are already in pursuit."

"Since they didn't need to come and rescue us, why don't we hope the same for them. But we can still be ready in case, right?" Britney asked.

"Yeah. Men, stay here and radio a backup team to help take these three to WOOHP," Steve said to the agents he'd arrived with. "Blaine, Britney, let's go see if we're needed," he added, and the three hurried to the front door.

Please comment, vote, and spread the word if you enjoyed this. Thank you!