4:Him

Cody felt lost and empty inside. He sat in his room. No one came to check on him but at night he could hear his mom sobbing. He would go downstairs and try to talk to her. She just ignored him, as if... He wasn't there. He never felt hungry so he didn't try to eat. He was never tired so he didn't try to sleep.

He went to Wesley's house and would knock on the window but Wes would ignore him. He saw Wes crying too. What was everyone's deal? He couldn't take when people cried. He didn't know how to make them feel better so he would ignore the tears and the puffy red eyes. But Wes never cried. He decided to let himself through the front door and walked up to Wesley's room. "Hey big man Tucker what's your deal?" He munched on an apple that he took from kitchen. He didn't get an answer. "Quit being a pussy man and suck it up." he rolled his eyes and poked around his older friend's room. His tears turned to sniffles and when Cody looked over his shoulder at the boy he noticed he was holding something. The older boy was asleep so he gent pried the picture frame from his hands.

It was a picture frame of Cody and Wes from when they were younger. Cody chuckled. "What the hell?" He placed the frame back on Wesley's night stand and decided to let the boy rest. He started the route back to his house. He passed the cemetery and noticed that a new grave was dug up. He thought "what the hell" and walked over to the newly dug grave.

"Let's see what old sad hag died recently." He hummed and bent down to read the markings on the stone. He choked on the air he inhaled and reread the stone. He had to read the stone's markings over and over.

Cody Lewis Herbinko
Loving Son and Grandson
1999-2017