Chapter 20~The Phone Call~Courtney's P.O.V.

The phone started ringing and I handed Phoenix to Moriah. I get up and walk into the other room where my phone is. It's Luke...
"Courtney.....Courtney are you there?
Courtney?"
"...Luke?" tears start rolling down my cheeks.
"Courtney are you okay?"
"Y...ye...yes..."
"You're not hurt are you? You sound like somethings wrong."
"Of course I sound like somethings wrong! My husband was kidnapped and has been gone for three weeks! My hope of seeing you alive again was fading fast." I managed to get out through the angry sobs.
"I'm sorry baby, I really am. But right now there's an ambulance on their way to where we're at. Joel...." there was silence for a few seconds. But now I hear it. Sobs.
"Joel...he...he's...dying."
"What?!"
"Hey, the ambulence is here with some cops. I gotta go, but we'll be at the hospital soon. At least...I hope it'll be we." again, more sobs. At this point I couldn't help but sobbing too.
"I'll see you there."
"Courtney..."
"Yes?"
"I love you."
"I love you too Luke."
And with that he hangs up. I fall to my knees on my kitchen floor. Crying harder than I ever have before. Moriah, Helen, and David come into the kitchen.
"What...happend...?" Helen asked tears visible in her in eyes.
"We need to get to the hospital...now."
David nodded and grabbed the car keys. I picked up Phoenix and told Jude to follow me. We get in the car, and everyone is buckled in their appropriate seats. We start off for the hospital.
"Mommy, why are you crying?" little Phoenix asks.
"Sush Phoenix. You're too young to understand."
"I am not!"
"Yes you are. I was told you were. Just like I was told that mommy, auntie Moriah, grandma, and grandpa shouldn't worry. Because He's got this." Helen, Moriah, and I look at Jude with tear stained faces.
"Who is He?"
"See, I told you. You don't understand. God said that He's got this. He said do not be afraid." I look to Helen, and Moriah who are just as shocked as I am. We'll be okay. God's got this.