Chapter 5

Super Center- Locker Room

As soon as the call had ended, Sam shared a quick plan with Alex, and hid in the adjoining room, Contacts in place and Earrings activated. Ariel and the IFC women soon entered through the other door, and Sam could only pray Clover was safe and on the way back.

"Superb fighting, sister," Ariel said looking at Alex with a bit of admiration. The trainers still present figured she was being recruited for something, and minded their own business. "You should join me to train with an elite sisterhood. Free room and board. Let's go," Ariel said bluntly.

"Thanks! Oh, but for your offer, I'll need time to think it over. Busy with college and all," Alex said casually and picked up her bag to go.

"Wait a minute, you're one of those girls who opposed me years ago," Ariel said in realization, pulling out her mic from a coat pocket to emit an energy wave that washed over Alex and the trainers.

Everyone including Alex went from shocked expressions to those of calm compliance.

"Now let's go, 'Marta'. You others stay here. We have many more sisters to recruit," she opened the door for Alex and the IFC women. "Yes, Ariel," Alex replied, as Ariel and those under her command, minus the trainers, quickly left the room. Sam slipped after them silently, and soon saw Clover approaching from the left in the main hall. "Alex is pretending to be mind controlled by Ariel," Sam whispered to Clover, who nodded curtly. "I nabbed Wink, and WOOHP's on the way," Clover replied, pulling out the small white handbag gadget in readiness.

"Wait til Alex and I make our move, then go for it," Sam whispered, hand on Clover's shoulder.

Clover nodded again as Sam left their hiding spot and called out, "Ariel!".

The four women had almost left backstage for the main arena, when the call from behind caused them to turn in surprise. "Let me guess: you're planning on controlling the women in the audience as your army, turning against men, just like you did years ago. Can't let you do that!" Sam declared. She gulped nervously, as the four women glowered at her.

"Sam, I should've known you'd return. I don't see your other brave sister, but she was likely stopped by that Weatherbee worm," Ariel responded. "After you destroyed my relic years ago, I waited until I found of a way to reclaim glory for The Sisterhood. Unfortunately, I had to pay for a man's technology to do it. First with a weaker version of the microphone I now have to gain control of these two," she said, gesturing to the two IFC women. "Now with this improved version, I'll not only bring all these sisters to me, but infuse them with the fighting ability of these three," Ariel said, including Alex in her sweeping gesture.

"You're outnumbered. But why fight, when you, a pure-blood of The Sisterhood, can join me!" Ariel said quickly and raised the mic to emit a wave of energy.

Sam's expression went from shock to compliance, as she dropped her fighting stance and said, "I'm with you, Ariel".

Ariel nodded in satisfaction, flipped a switch on the mic, then turned to the doorway to the main arena.

"It's finally time," she said in anticipation. At that moment, Sam nodded to Alex, who grabbed Ariel's arm in a flash, and twisted it behind her back. The mic dropped from her hand, and Alex kicked it back towards Clover's hiding spot.

"What?!" Ariel cried in shock. "Stop her!" she commanded.

But before either IFC woman could move, Sam had planted a fierce kick in the solar plexus of the taller woman, while Alex shot out a double palm strike at the powerful Dubliner. At that moment, Clover appeared, button pressed on the handbag. Its shield formed around Ariel before she could react, and she growled in frustration when her vanishing power failed. Jerry and a few WOOHP agents promptly arrived from the doorway Ariel had been about to use.

"Fantastic job, ladies. You wrapped this up very quickly! Wink's already been loaded into the WOOHP jet waiting in the back," Jerry said. "I trust those Mind Protecting Hairpins did the trick as well as this shield did?" he then inquired.

Ariel gritted her teeth in frustration. "That's how you two were never affected. You were just pretending to be?" she asked incredulously.

"Definitely!" Clover said to both her and Jerry. "But I almost didn't use mine against Wink, and we would've failed hard pretty hard," Clover admitted.

"Well, I'm glad you did," Jerry said. "Now to restore these two ladies," he said, picking up the mic. After examining it, he flipped a switch and said "Release from control". The two women, who'd been struggling against Sam and Alex, immediately stopped, restored to their normal, yet confused selves.

"Why don't you two stop by WOOHP with us before we give you a lift back to your hometowns?" The perplexed women gave their thanks and agreed. Jerry took the handbag from Clover, and the shield moved about easily with the powerful woman inside. Sam grabbed the mic from Jerry. "We've got a few more to fix," she said quickly. She, accompanied by Clover, went back to the locker room to release the trainers there from the mind control as they saw Jerry demonstrate, then departed while they were regaining their bearings. As the group walked down the hall to the back exit, Alex kindly answered questions from the IFC women as to where they were and how they got there. Jerry and the agents merely focused on reaching the jet.

Soon they were outside at the waiting jet near the edge of the parking lot. Everyone but Sam, Clover and Alex boarded. The girls gave their farewells to their boss and the two IFC women, who were waving from inside the loading bay of the jet. The gangplank withdrew, and the jet flew off.

"Wait, we can still watch the rest of the fights!" Alex exclaimed.

"Hmm," Sam and Clover said simultaneously, considering their friend's request.

"How about we call it a night, Alex," Sam said with a placating smile and puppy-dog eyes.

Clover turned her head with a hopeful smile.

"No fair, I'm outnumbered... Oh, okay. I don't blame you. Let's go!" Alex agreed after a small pout.

They boarded the car, and Clover pulled  out of the lot and into the streets of downtown L.A.

Please comment, vote, and spread the word if you enjoyed this. Thank you!