Lights Out

"Whatta ya got Abbs?" Growled Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, his deep voice piercing through the sounds of rock music and keyboards clicking coming from the computer lab.

        Upon hearing her boss's voice, the forensic scientist looked up from her computer to look at the older agent. As deceiving as the black lipstick, studded jewelry, and platform boots were, those who were lucky enough to meet Abigail Sciuto knew that she was one of the most excitable, optimistic, uplifting people in the world. She also happened to give the best hugs, drank Caf-Pows excessively, and was exceptionally, exceptionally good at her job.

        "Oh, my impatient silver fox. We have to wait for the rest of the team, I'm not explaining this twice." She smiled, loving that she could pull her boss's strings a little longer.

        Before Gibbs had had a chance to argue, the electronic doors to the lab slid open. In walked the teams Israeli ninja, Mossad liaison officer Ziva David. Following behind her was her partner, the practical joker, the wild card, Special Agent Tony DiNozzo.

        "We are here Abby, what is so urgent?" Asked Ziva, her Israeli accent still present despite years spent in America.

        "Oh good, now we're just waiting on Timmy and the Diector." Exclaimed Abby.

        As if on cue, the sliding doors opened one last time to reveal a very flushed looking Timothy McGee and the always composed Director of NCIS, Jenny Shepard.

        "Whoa, McSweaty, did you run here from home or something?" Tony teased the younger agent.

        "Very funny Tony, for your information, I was down here with Abby, when she sent me upstairs to let the director know about the development. The elevator was busy, so I took the stairs." McGee attempted to defend himself, but he knew that when it came to Tony, his efforts were futile.

        "Knock it off you two, before I have to separate you like kindergarteners." Gibbs practically snarled. Sometimes he felt more like an elementary school teacher instead of the leader of a team of trained federal agents. "Abby, we're all here now. Can you please tell us what you found?"

        "Sure thing El Jefe. I was running those fingerprints you sent me through all our databases. NCIS, FBI, CIA, I even managed to briefly hack into the Pentagons base before they found me. Long story short, I managed to find a match, currently living in Sydney, Australia. Wanna guess who it was?" 

        "Abby..." Gibbs sent a halfhearted glare towards the goth scientist. 

        "Or I could just tell you. Rene Benoit."

        Jenny gasped and held a perfectly manicured hand up to her mouth.

        "La Grenouille? But... He... He was killed years ago!" Jenny choked out breathlessly, not sure how to process the fact that her fathers killer, who had supposedly been dead for years, may be alive and killing again.

        "I'm currently trying to track him down," Abby began, feverishly typing on one of the many computers on the room. "But considering how much of a pro we know he is, I'm not exactly liking my chances. In the past, he-"

        Abby was cut off by all the computers in the room going black, the heavy metal music playing in the back shutting off, and and all the lights flickering before NCIS' forensic lab went dark.

        "Wha- What just happened?" McGee questioned, talking to no one in particular.

        "Well Probie, I know you're new here, but it seems the powers gone out." Tony continued to torment Tim.