S C O R P I O

S C O R P I O : N O V E M B E R  1 9

Most things are easier said than done.

Oh, yeah, fight an army of apocalyptic gods, they said. You'll be fine, they said. No chance of dying at all, you've got a bunch of assholes on your side.

Just to make things clear : We were ultimately failing. Like, just completely and utterly failing.

Across the clearing, I could see Leo and Ryder getting thrown around by a six legged leviathan that destroyed everything it touched. 

Aquarius was with Sagittarius, attempting to drown a group of three gods in a massive wave of water while he repeatedly sent arrows into their skulls.

Reyna and Nakamura were just sitting by a tree watching everyone who walked past them collapse and fall asleep. 

As for me?

I managed to get myself chained up by Khai, who didn't seem as much as a nice guy as I thought.

"Scorpio! Stop losing and start winning!" Sin hissed at me as he smashed Eren's head into a wall. 

"What the Hell? It doesn't work that way!" I snapped and struggled as the chains wrapped around me squeezed me tighter, stealing my breath away. "Nothing is just that easy!"

"Then figure out a way to make it easy!" Sin huffed, rolling his eyes. He somehow made it sound as if it was the easiest thing to do in the world. 

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, fuckity gods damned fuck." I cursed, writhing around as the chains slowly starting crushing my ribs. "I don't want to fucking die yet!"

Khai was standing a few feet away, sitting in the grass while he watched me. I think he was actually snacking on a bucket of popcorn, which just made me feel even worse. 

Khai, appearance-wise, was absolutely petrifying. He was tall, towering way over 7 feet in his God form and he was missing half of his right arm. It ended in a stump, wrapped in bandanges that oozed blood and some weird black disease. He was also always wrapped in chains, and you could always hear the links rattling against each other with the sound of shattering glass. 

His face was scarier than the rest of his body.

Black ink-like disease crawled up his neck along the right side and claimed half of his face. He looked like he only had one eye, because the other one hidden beneath the disease wasn't even there. It was just an empty socket stitched over with the ebony colored ink. The other side of his face wasn't that bad... I mean, he had his one functioning eye and his tanned skin had a few scars here and there, but it was just gods damned scary.

- - - 

- - - 

"Hey... Can I... Um. Maybe get out?" I asked, wheezing for breath and winced in pain from the chains' grip.

He considered it for a moment before shaking his head. "Eh. I don't think I should. Want some popcorn?"  He shrugged. 

I most definitely did want popcorn.

But I also most definitely did not want to die either. 

"Uh... Yeah, but listen, like, I kind of just- I need to live through this war and all. Y'know?" I said, lashing my tail. He was too far away for me to reach, and I was still unable to move.

"Scorpio, you're struggling!" Sin stated, glaring at me as he dodged the knife Eren threw at him.

"No, really! I couldn't fucking tell!" I snarled before sending a sharp glare in Khai's direction. He simply blinked and shrugged, as if he didn't exactly care. Which he didn't. 

"Let's just get this over with..." Khai sighed and stood up, walking towards me as the chains squeezed me even tighter, if that was even possible. 

I gritted my teeth, endless agony soaring through my chest. Fuck.

"Sorry, but I have to kill you. No hard feelings when I see you in Hell?" Khai said and looked at me, more chains rising up at his feet.

My tail lashed, the barb angled towards his heart until I let it stab down and sink into his flesh.

His screech of dismay both thrilled me and terrified me. 

The chains collapsed around me, exploding into blood when they made contact with the ground.

"Holy fuck-" I hissed and stumbled back before Khai could punch me, my tail lashing. 

"You're fucking alive!" Sin commented from where he was, pinning down Eren.

I swear to the gods, if he doesn't shut up...

"I know!" I sighed, glaring at him before looking over at Khai. The acid was already working its way through his body with a sickening sizzling sound as his flesh melted within. 

I, however, wasn't expecting him to stand up and conjure more chains.

That was when I realized that I was about to die. 

- - - 

Everything hurt. Like, really really really hurt. 

"Ow..." I groaned, attempting to sit up and glanced around the room. Aquarius and Pisces' replacement were seated beside me staring up at the ceiling boredly. "Where am I?" I asked.

"Somewhere where you can't die." Aquarius shrugged, glancing down at me. "How are you feeling?"

"I wish I was dead." I muttered, shaking my head to clear the bleariness away.

"Don't we all?" She said, gently laying a hand on my chest so I would lay back down again. "Don't move, you might hurt yourself." 

"You didn't exactly do so well out there..." She commented, folding her wings against her back. 

"I know, Sin was yelling at me about that." I said simply, trying to remember what happened. "What happened to Khai?"

"He left with the rest of them after they finished with us. Nobody died though, unfortunately." She said, wiping blood off of her scythe with a small cloth. 

"Unfortunately?" I frowned, brow furrowing.

"I hate everyone, what do you expect?" She scoffed, and with a small shrug, stood up to leave.

"Be ready to leave by tomorrow morning, we're meeting up with the Chinese Zodiacs."

- - - 

A / N - I'm really sorry that this is so short, I'm just so freakin' tired right now and I just can't seem to focus today.

So... Any opinions on Khai?

I know I haven't properly introduced the characters, but you'll be able to see more of Eren soon. He plays an important role among the Zodiacs.

Looks familiar, doesn't he? Any theories on who he is to one particular Zodiac?

- A Q U A R I U S