Chapter 6: Total Darkness

The following week, it was a total hell. They have written many ugly things about me on the internet, mostly by Armys. As they had my face almost on every corner for publicity; I didn't want to leave the house. Rachell told me not to see the dremarks of me that they made on the web, but I wanted to see them even though I knew it would hurt me, because I wanted to know what others thought of me ....

The time came when Jungkook gave an interview to silence the rumors. Besides saying that the rumors were false and exaggerated, I remember well some words that have been rumbling in my mind all this time:

"We're just good co-workers."

I didn't even know why that hurt me; If we were nothing. I don't know if it was that I expected something more ... or the sadness of his eyes was what remained etched in my memory. That wasn't the only thing that stunned me. I've had received many missed calls from an unknown number some time ago, as well as many messages, but I have not answered any.

Suddenly I get another call from the mysterious number. I was so blinded by the pain and the sadness, that I answered to take my revenge on the person, I was sure that it was the person behind this whole mess that happened to me ...

"What do you want?" I shouted disrespectfully, not knowing who he was or even wanting to ask. By saying that, a lot of memories came to my mind, causing me to cry, without realizing it. While I sobbed, I could hear the breath of the other person; Who apparently listened intently without saying a word. Before his reaction, I understood that that person didn't call me to treat me badly. So I took a deep breath ... I had to admit my mistake - "Sorry, ... I didn't want to. ..sorry"

"But you have a right to be like that," said the man on the other line. His voice made me a mental click and I stopped crying, because that voice ... I had heard it before. I stopped to remember ...

-"Just a moment....do I know you"   I said and he laughed. But since I was so depressed, the thought had clouded over me.

- [Y/ N], Of course you know me. I called you. ..because I wanted to apologize ... - said something rather timid and somewhat hurt - "Because of me it is that you are like this and with those problems ..."

-Jungkook. ..- I let go without thinking when I recognized the voice and felt my heart racing, but I didn't know the reason. I think it was because I was glad to know that he had worried about me ... and not only that, he had called me. "How did you get my number?" I asked suddenly, a bit calmer.

"The card your friend gave me had your number," he replied, and he smiled at the memory of that day.

"Yes, I remember," I said smiling, but this one vanished as I remembered the reason for the call ... "But the one who must apologize must be me ... your reputation has been tarnished by me ..." I said.

-Hey ... - interrupts me and sighs, then remain silent for a few seconds - "could we meet to talk? I have something to tell you, I'd like to tell you in person" - when he said that, my heart began to skip a beat quickly, thinking that I would have to say, it would be so important. But I remembered the incident ... and for the sake of the two of us, it was better that we didn't see each other. So my joy melted away again.

"Jungkook ... it's better not to," I said with pain in my chest ... and he was disappointed. Apparently, he wanted to see me, like I wanted to see him. ..

-But…

-"Jungkook, I don't want any more problems. It's for the sake of the both of us ..." I said holding back the urge to cry again. He sighed ... overcome by my objection.

"Be careful," he said sadly, and I hung up.

"Be careful"
That word was rumbling in my head ... but what I had decided was the best. So I kept crying, for everything that hurt and for what I wanted ... until I fell asleep. After a while, I wake up by the screams of Krystal, I realized that I had slept a long time; Because when I woke up, it was already afternoon. I've hadn't even had lunch or breakfast.

"Wake up Sleeping Beauty", she said in a hurry, and she harshly took off the sheet, so I almost fell out of bed. But I put the pillow in my face, because I wanted to stay there a long time .. maybe forever.

"I don't want to," I said reluctantly, and she took my pillow by force and challenged me with her eyes.

"I'm not going to sit here and watch your life shatter," she told me firmly, while walking to the closet to start rummaging through my clothes for a moment and then turned to me. "If you don't go out, you're saying that the rumors are true" - she said to me and she took me both arms, because she didn't want to stop me and we started to struggle - "GET UP FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING YOU CARE FOR, MY GOD! YOU ARE GOING TO INCREASE POUNDS FOR NOT MOVING FROM THERE!" She shouted at me.

"I don't want to," I said stubbornly, letting go of her grip, and I lay down with my back to her while she kept looking at the clothes in the closet.

"Well, you're going to get up, because Jungkook is in the living room waiting for you."