Chapter 3 The Restorers

Deep within me I knew what I was about to do was wrong, but that didn't stop me from doing it anyway.

"Where are you, Lucy! Get out here!" I yelled.

How did it come to this? Let's review this story.

Earlier today I was listening to music on the phone. It was 9:45 AM. Lucy was awake and doing ballet down the hallway again. Last night she gave me a note that told me that mom and dad were Bringers. That's why they didn't remember Lucy's actual death. They have been spying on us this whole time. I guess the time flies by when you're having fun. The same goes for Lucy. She is growing up so fast. She looks 18 years old now.

Lucy walked into the room with a smile upon her face. She looked different. Not a bad different, but a good different. Wait! Was that makeup?

"Hey, Adeline, do you like it?" Lucy asked.

Did I like it? Yes. Did I like the fact she was already wearing makeup and I wasn't. No.

"Lucy," I said. Her smile faded.

"What is it, Adeline?" She asked.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been acting really weird lately. What's going on? Why are you wearing makeup?" I asked.

"You of all people should understand, Adi," Lucy wined.

I winced. She did not just use a nickname to degrade me. She did. My face turned a bright shade of red. Almost the color of a tomato. Lucy noticed and tried to sneak out of the room.

"Don't leave! We need to talk!" I yelled angrily. She stopped and turned towards me.

"You really have no idea do you?" she took a deep breath, " You have no idea that I'm dating someone do you?" she asked.

"No, I had no idea, but that explains why you've been so selfish lately!" I was frustrated. You couldn't blame me for saying stupid things in hasty moments.

"I thought you would understand, but with you always listening to your stupid music, you wouldn't know if the sky was falling on top of you," Lucy stormed out of the room. My eyes filled with tears. How could she hate me so much?

I decided I needed a break of reality. I got out my phone. 11:45 AM. 2 hours after the last time I listened to music. I would continue to listen to music now. I put on my headphones and started the music. That's when I heard he door slam. Lucy was going on her date.

Later on in the evening, mom left for work. I waited around for Lucy to come home, but she didn't. she didn't come home at all that night. When it was 9:10 AM the next morning , I got my phone out and texted her.

Me- Where are you

Lucy- with my boyfriend.

Me- no, why aren't you home?

Lucy- I'm not coming home. you angered me. i thought you wouldn't understand.

Me- why of all people would I understand?

Lucy- Because you are my sister.

Me- but I've never had a boyfriend

Lucy- that shouldn't matter

Me- how else am i supposed to understand!

Lucy- I don't know. Figure it out! Goodbye!

I walked to my room and looked out the window. I saw the sky get darker as it was about to rain. I frustratedly jumped onto my bed, and I layed down. I closed my eyes, turned onto my side, and cried. I cried and cried, until i could cry no longer.