Chapter Seven

Ember POV
About three days after I had been assigned to babysit Felix I was sitting on my couch chilling when someone knocked on my door. I got up and opened it only to be met with the very unwelcome sight of my new partner leaning against the door frame.
"What the hell do you want? " I asked my hand slowly making its way to my sidearm.
"Director Coulson wants to see us." He said trying to get a view of my room. I growled and grabbed his collar as I started off to Coulson's office dragging him behind me. Oncewe got there I let go and practically threw him into the room.
"Ow... you have really sharp nails you know that?" He whined rubbing his face.
"Oh shut up." I deadpanned and turned to Coulson and blinking in suprise and straightening to a ramrod position after seeing him standing next to May. I nudged Felix and nodded my head at the two people in front of us and he assumed an identical position.
"You wanted to see us sir?" I asked my voice emotionless.
"Yeah, I've got your first assignment as a team," he replied walking around his desk "the two of you are going to be going undercover at a high school in New York, we've been lead to believe that there are HYDRA agents recruiting from there, May will be going with you." I stared at him for a moment before replying.
"Sir before I continue I just want to start off by reminding you that I have director level clearance from the Fury administration," I started looking him in the eye as he nodded understanding " What the hell Phil?! You know I can't go to New York! What the hell were you smoking when you decided to assign us to this cuz I want some if it made you delusional enough to think that this was a good idea then I want some" after my little rant I looked over at Felix who was staring at me his mouth hanging open like a dead fish before looking back to the adults before me who were giving me a 'wow, how long have you been holding that one in?' look. I took a deep breath and organized my thoughts before saying,
"Sorry I'm just a little confused as to why you'd send me to New York of all places." Coulson laughed a little before saying,
"The school you're going to is called Hamilton Memorial, it's in Queens-"
"Hamilton Memorial? As in..." I trailed off at the concept of going back to the school I graduated from. "Screw that I'm in!" I shouted grinning.
"Great now that that's settled, let me give you your covers, Ember, your cover is going to be Amber May, May's cover is going to be your mother while this assignment is ongoing. Felix you'll be going in as is, I hope you don't mind." Coulson said gesturing to us.
"Not at all sir, but just to clarify where will I be staying? " Felix replied still standing like someone had a gun to his head. Must be a HYDRA thing I thought raising an eyebrow.
"The three of you will all be staying together." Coulson said. My eyes widened The three of us? ! In the same house? ! Oh come on! What did I do? ! What could I possibly have done to deserve this kind of punishment?! I thought at the concept of being in the same house as Felix for god knows how long.
"Start packing kids wheels up in 30." May said her mouth in a thin line. We nodded and headed off to our rooms.