Chapter Three

Ember POV
Now I'm going to skip to three years after my recruitment, not because nothing happens but because I'm sure you already know most of those stories and the ones that you don't know will make more sense later on. I walked into Director Coulson's office slapping my latest mission report on his desk.
"There you go, tell Daisy I'll be in my room." I said turning to leave.
"Wait," he said pushing himself up and walking around his desk. "I'm giving you a new assignment." I turned to look at him my hands clasped behind me but on the inside I was ecstatic Two missions in a row? Hell Yeah! I thought.
"What's the mission sir?" I asked calmly
"Actually, I'm reactivating project Amber" He said my excitement left me like air from a balloon. I felt my mouth go dry remembering the last time I was a part of that program(This is one of those things that you'll understand later).
"Sir, with all due respect, that's by far the worst idea you have ever had." I said trying to be as respectful as possible.
"Well whether or not it is, my decision is final." He replied seriously. I grimaced at the thought of everything that could, and once did, go wrong. I looked him in the eye and finally said,
"Fine, but if there's any sign of my partner backsliding I will shoot first ask questions later." My eyes were cold as ice as I said this but I didn't care, there was no way that I would ever go through what I did the first time again.
"What's my new partner's name anyway?" I asked venom in my voice. At this point he looked over at the door and called
"You can come in now son." and the door opened to reveal a boy about my age with gold blonde hair, skin that was about the same lightly tanned tone as mine and the bluest eyes I'd ever seen.
"Agent Ember, meet your new partner" Coulson said gesturing to the boy.