Chapter 19

Sylvia's POV

After we finished eating breakfast me and Ry (Ryder for short :D) went outside to play with the other kids while we left Mom with Adrian. 

It looks like Adrian likes Mom I told Ry as we chased each other around the front yard of the house.

But it also looks like Mom likes Adrian Ry told me as he tagged me. I went running after him to tag him back. I was actually faster then him so I was able to tag him. I laughed and ran away from him while he had a pout on his face.

"Shit!" Ryder yelled and stomped his foot with frustration.

"Ryder Damon Johnson!" We heard Mom yell. We stopped right in our tracks and turned around and saw that she was walking this way with Adrian. We are so dead, even though we don't know what we did.

"Uh, yes Mom?" Ryder asked her nervously.

"Why are you using bad language?" Mom asked with an angry expression on her face.

"Aunt Jenny said that it was something you said when you were frustrated. She said it when she was putting on her favorite pants that didn't fit her anymore and she got all frustrated. She even tried jumping on the bed to try to get them on but it didn't work and she said that word. Is it a bad word?" Ryder asked in his oh, so innocent voice.

"I am so going to kill Jen!" She yelled aloud. "I don't want you saying that word anymore, okay?" Mom told him in a softer voice. "And you too, okay Sylv?" I saluted to her and pretended to be a soldier.

Mom and Adrian laughed while me and Ryder marched inside. They led both of us upstairs to our room. I turned to look at Ryder to see that he was also looking at me, then we ran upstairs pushing each other.

"It's my turn to choose the movie! You chose last time!" I told Ryder.

"No I didn't! It was Aunt Trice that chose it for us!" He yelled at me as we raced to the room. I was almost there, just a tiny bit more and I would win. I could faintly hear Mom laughing at our little fight as she would call it. But I call  it Twin War #, I don't know I lost count of how many times we have been fighting over movies.

"I win! I win! I get to choose the movie!" I yelled outloud as we reached the room. I did my winning dance and after I finished I went to choose a movie. 

I went to the stacks and got out my favorite movie. I heard Ry groan as he saw which one I put on. We have seen this movie a lot, I almost know all the verses. The move I put on is RIse of the Guardians. I love it! I like the story of Jack Frost, I just feel bad for him. Nobody remembers him. They just know Santa, Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Sandman.

"Why do we have to watch this one? We have seen it like one million times." Ryder told me.

I just started smugly at him. "Well we are watching it a million and one more times and then you multiply it by ten each time, that's how many times we are going to keep watching it."

Before I could even press play, Mom stopped me.

"Kids I have to tell you something important. It's about who your dad is." Mom told us nervously.

"Wow, are we old enough to know who it is now?" Ryder asked as he swung his legs from the bed.

"Yes, you are old enough I guess." Mommy told us.

"After you tell us who he is will we be able to meet him?" I asked with joy and excitement.

"Sure but let me finish off okay?" She told us as she took me in her arms and sat me next to Ryder. She then kneeled in front of us and started at each of us.