Dinner

Dinner was uncomfortably quiet with me and Shane having a stare down and his mum in between us. The tension was palpable and I was not about to be the one to relieve it. To think a few hours ago the world smelt of roses and petals and sincerity... ha
One word. Devil.
Suddenly, I was interrupted by a loud thud. Funnily it sounded like it was right next to me until another thud came but this time it was a kick to my shin! If I wasn't saved by the Almighty a poem of curses would've flown out my mouth. Instead, I screamed: "Aaahhhhhhhhh, are you out of your mind? Are you sure you weren't dropped 'common sense' first when you were baby?!" *Silence* His mum was the first to exit this mess and proceeded to clearing away anything that could be used as a weapon. Not that I needed one, I'm very much trained in the art of biting, I believe that should be enough. When she leaves, the room is silent. I and Shane continue the stare down and then he proceeds:
"I'm going to stand now. *pause* I'm also going to pretend I didn't hear your curses. *pause* In fact I'm going to skip to the part to where we pretend it's an argument." He walks at calculated pace almost like he's waiting for me to wither before he touches me - not that I wasn't already burning up inside anyways!
Before I could form a sentence, we were nose to nose, my breathing sped up and lips started getting dry ( do I really need this today? Is it actually necessary?) he cuts me off my stray of thoughts - "falling for me already are we?" Before he smirks. "What makes you think I'm even close to tripping?" (My sweaty palms, dry lips, racing heartbeat). All of a sudden his facial expression faltered and stood straight.

"You're right"

After that he turned around and walked away. What just happened? I pinched myself for allowing to be so close. As much as he smelt nice, he's the devil and devils are never good. Oh Shane, you've picked the wrong one bae.

******
After his moving figure disappeared, I took what felt like five years to recover from our moment before waking up and dusting myself off, rubbing my nose of his DNA. I went to say thank you to his mother for the food, it was delicious after all.
"I think we need to address the elephant in the room" she continues "my son is very attractive I am aware however given the circumstances and you two being hormone crazed teens *pauses* I think it's best to keep everything U rated" she gives me a knowing look.
"Okay" I said.  "At least when I'm around, I'm too old and single to watch two star crossed lovers, you know?" She laughs and I join in before wishing her sweet dreams and heading upstairs.

When I enter my new room, I jump on the bed and start to make bed angels before I hear a knock on the door, when it opens it reveals the one and only bastardo *drum roll please*... Shane aka the devil.

I ask myself again: do I really need this? Is it really necessary?