Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Nash's POV

Three Months Later...

Her hands are cold and wet from the ocean, but I still hold them anyways. As we walk, Emylee sways into me, and I love it.

"I can't believe summer is finally here," Her voice sounds like heaven against the ocean breeze.

"I know," I stop walking and put my hands on her hips just above her hot pink bikini bottoms. She smiles and I almost lose control. I feel her hands on my neck, and she presses her cheek against mine. Her long blonde hair falls off her shoulder and hits my chest. I open my eyes--when did they close?--and stare off into the ocean. I have to shift on my feet because the sand beneath them is a little too hot.

"I also can't believe I get to be here with you." She smiles and I want so badly to kiss her. But we both made a commitment that we won't kiss until summer--which is here--and it has to be the most amazing setting. We've been officially dating for two weeks now and have been best friends for the past three months ever since she stepped foot in that school.

"So Emylee, what do you think about staying the night at my place tonight?"

"Well actually baby, I wanted to know if you would come somewhere with my for one week? We leave tomorrow at five in the morning so we'd have to be there by three. And your parents have agreed, I just need your approval?" She squeezes my hands with anticipation and she knows that when she calls me baby I can't refuse.

"I guess if mmy parents agreed, I can too. But did you realy talk to them witihout me knowing?"

"Of course not, my mom and I both talked to them about 'expectations' and such."

"Okay, good," I let out a laugh and Emylee smiles. Then she stands on the tips of her toes and puts her nose to mine.

"We better get you packed!" She ruins our moment by pulling me up the beach and to my house.

On the way home she moves from one side of the sidewalk to the other, her bare feet moving around cracks and sticks on the sidewalk. She opens my front door and my mom looks around the corner from the kitchen. Emylee runs up the stairs before I can even get through the doorway and when I arrive upstairs, she has already started throwing clothes together.

"So, do you want to tell me where we're going?" I ask as I sit on the bed.

"Oh, yes. SO we're going to California and we'll be staying in the home my mom still owns there because it's furnished and free. And then we'll be going all over, but I can't tell you where. And make sure you have your driver's licence please."

"Okay, so pack warm?" She nods.

"And pack good. We're staying for a week so make sure you have everything."

"Em, I got this." I put my hand up to signal for her to stop in a jokingly way.

She plops down beside me on the bed and puts her chin on my shoulder and her hand on my leg. I lean my head against hers for a second before sitting up straight again; it's hard to fold clothes with a bent neck.

"Make sure you pack and are up and ready in the morning because I'll be here to leave for the airport at 3:00am. But I have to go get our flight information situated, so I'll see you later." She kisses my cheek and I hug her.

"Bye boo-bear."

"Bye Nash." She smiles and waves and I watch her butt as it walks out the door. I then throw myself back on my bed because she's just so dang beautiful.