Mello X Near

Author's note before we start Near is 18 and Mello is 19. I thought I'd put it at the beginning to clear this up a bit. I've put an A/N at the end explaining this further on chapter 8 and I also don't think I will be finishing this at all but I don't want to delete it as people have asked me not too because I'm guessing they enjoy it....sooooo enjoy?

Near sits in his usual position playing with his toy robot. The doorbell rings and a knock at the door was heard. Near looked up and looked towards the front door not moving a muscle. Then another knock is heard but this time it was harder, faster and louder. KNOCK KNOCK. Near stood up and slowly made his way to the door. He stood up onto his tiptoes and looked through the peephole at a strawberry blonde boy taking chunks out of a chocolate bar.

"Come on you little brat open the door!" The strawberry blonde boy says taking another bite out of his chocolate.

"What do you want Mello?" Near says trying to balance on his tiptoes.

"Just open up!" Mello shouted tapping his foot.

"Fine" Near said as he stood back slightly and opened the door.

Mello burst through the door and walked straight to the living room kicking nears toys out the way as he sat down. Near followed behind and sat with his toys again and heard Mello mumbling under his breath.

"Why are you here Mello?" Near asked as he started to pile up some die.

"None of your business you brat" Mello boomed at Near.

"Did you get into trouble with the police again?" Near asked again.

"I said it was none of your business! You rat!" Mello shouted again.

"What did you do this time Mello? Was it something stupid or did you steal from the shops again?" Near asked as he continued piling the die up on top of each other.

"No!" Mello said taking a bite off his chocolate.

"So you did get into trouble, what did you do?" Near asked again.

"I didn't get into trouble!" Mello said as he stood up and kicked nears dice towers over into a pile of his toys.

"Well your actions and tone of voice tell me something else, maybe if you told me what you did then I'll defend you if the police do come to our door," Near said convincingly as he restarted the dice tower.

"Ok fine! I stole chocolatefromalittlekid" Mello said the last part to quickly for near to understand.

"What was that again Mello?" Near asked.

"I stole chocolate fromalittlekid" Mello said the last part too fast again.

"Mello could you speak slower please?" Near asked continuing piling the dice.

"Grrr I. Stole. Chocolate. From. A. Little. Kid!" Mello said as slowly as he could.

"Well that wasn't very nice!" A voice said coming from an armchair.

A boy about Mello's age with brown hair a striped long-sleeved top and goggles around his neck was sitting playing on a Nintendo 3DS and shouting at the game.

"Excuse me, Matt, I don't think you know what I'm talking about!" Mello shouted at Matt.

Matt paused his game and looked up. "What?" Matt was confused.

"Ugh! Just continue playing on your game this doesn't concern you!" Mello shouted at Matt as Matt continued playing on his game.

A large thud was heard coming from upstairs, then the sound of little feet was heard running around before the sound of the feet came down the stairs quickly. Then a loud girls voice followed.

"MELLO!!! YOUR BACK!!!!" the girl shouted as she ran in front of Mello but trips over one of nears toys. "Ouch!!!!! That hurt!" She shouted in pain rubbing her knee.

Matt rushed over and help the girl to the kitchen to get some ice for her. Near and Mello looked at each other then they went back to what they were doing.

"Keep, be careful next time, you don't wanna get a serious injury do you?" Matt said concerned as he put the ice on her leg.

~Meanwhile in the living room.~

"Near I've always wondered, why do you play with toys, you're like 18!" Mello asked.

"Why do you look like a girl?" Near said as he played with some of his toys.

"I DO NOT LOOK LIKE A GIRL!" Mello shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Do..." Near said calmly.

"DON'T!" Mello shouted.

"Well, then how come you can walk into the girls changing rooms without them screaming," Near said smirking slightly.

"Because the girls trust me" Mello said as he crossed his arms and looked away trying not to smile at the thought.

"No, they think your a girl" Near said calmly.

"Grrr shut it you brat!" Mello shouted again taking a bite off his chocolate.

~Mello's pov~

That brat always calling me a girl I ought to slap him on his ass and send him to his room but I obviously can't because Keep will tell L and L won't be very happy. I take another bite off my chocolate and gaze at near. Honestly he's actually kinda cute with those toys WAIT WHAT NO! I AINT GAY AND I'D NEVER BE GAY FOR HIM! Ugh what am I thinking, get it together Mello!

~Near's pov~
He's been looking at me or rather gazing at me for half an hour now, I wonder what he's thinking huh it's strange really why would he do that... I look up at Mello and catch his gaze I notice his face turned red slightly as I look at him he looks away and takes a bite off his chocolate.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my Mello X Near and I'll see you all in the next chapter.

-Goodbye!