05. Troubled guy with daddy issues

"WHAT DO WE DO?" Naz screamed as Tony fainted from pain.

Scott knelt beside them, "I-I don't know. I thought you'd know."

"I'm a barber not a fricking nurse!"

"Maybe we should transfer him to your couch?" he offered, putting his arms under Tony's armpits. "Mr. Loki can take the other end?"

Tony yelped awake, "That hurts! You guys are going to kill me."

Loki thrust his handcuffs over his face, "I can heal you. Just open these."

Tony grinned despite his pain, "My leg's broken but my head's all fine, Rudolph. There's no way I am opening your handcuffs until you are locked away in one of Asgard's smelly cells."

Loki gave a disdainful look, jaw tense, before stalking away.

"I'm getting a doctor," Naz stated, getting up and rushing towards the door.

"No," Tony and Loki echoed.

Scott said, "Don't listen to them. Go, get a doctor."

Loki ran to the door as it banged shut behind Naz. He opened the door, putting his foot out only to be thrown back with an electric current that jarred his body. When he opened his eyes, the ceiling was crowded with stars which disappeared only after he had blinked three to four times. His head felt as if it was breaking apart into a million pieces and his skin was definitely singed.

Tony cackled at the sight of Loki lying on his back, staring at the ceiling in shock, "Nice to see my toys work at keeping you in." He cried out as the laughter rocked his body into another bout of pain.

Scott was awed, "What was that?"

"His handcuffs are-are linked with-...an electro-magnetic f-field that I set up...around the house," Tony wheezed. "Darth Vader can't get out with those bracelets."

Loki heaved himself up and rushed to Scott, his fingers tightening around his neck, lifting the guy a few centimetres off the floor, "You should have stopped her! If the Chitauri are out there, she could be in danger. They'll be on the lookout for any signs of Stark and we can't trust any doctor."

Scott gasped, "H-h-" His legs dangled but he managed to push a button and Loki stepped back as the man shrunk rapidly.

"Get. Off. Me," Loki shook his arms as a miniscule Scott rang along the length of his sleeve.

"Dude, he just got pulled into this," Tony said. "He doesn't know what we're dealing with. That reminds m-me what were you doing sneaking around my house, Mr. Honey I Shrunk The Kids?"

Scott reappeared to his normal size several paces away, "Look, guy with murderous instinct, they don't know about this place. It's a safehouse or so Tony told me. She'll be fine. And Tony, I was just...you never invited me...so, I thought I would go have a look-see. It is the Avengers Tower after all, right?"

"Insectman, you're a thief, aren't you?" Tony sighed.

Loki stalked off to his room, "You guys don't know Thanos..."

Scott sighed and sat down beside Tony, "Is he right? Did I put her in danger?"

"I suppose we'll see," Tony said, ominously. "Meanwhile, I am going to die the most un-heroic death in Avenger history. Man, I hate Chitauris. I'm not even wearing my AC/DC tee. This has to be my worst day ever."