11. Death

"It's the 4th one this month."

"And what can we do about this, granny ?" She stopped for a few moments before speaking again.

"Do you feel like you can do it ?"

"No, but I'll try."

°•°•°•°

"I can't believe 4 vixens died in less than a month. And all of them were living in towns and villages close to us. He's looking for something." Ohmura-san said as we were sitting on my bed, looking all worried.

It's November; from the first few days of the month the news announced that bodies of women and young girls were found on the streets with no evidence from what they died or who killed them. It's obvious what is going on, the Demon Fox is on a killing spree. From what granny told me, there never was such a big number of deaths in such a short period of time.

"He's looking for me." He stayed in silence after hearing what I said; I know I do nothing but add up to his worries but that's true, he's looking for me. I only saw him once but the growling sounds I heard even before I saw him and I'm sure it didn't come from my guardian. That night when I first met Ohmura-san and when I first saw the Demon Fox, I think he wanted to kill me, but luckily enough Ohmura-san was there to protect me.

"Come on, let's meet Nene." He got up and followed me to the living, where Yui and Moa were watching TV.

"Where's granny ?" I asked them as I passed through the room, going to the corridor to get my coat and boots.

"I don't know. We didn't see her since we had lunch today. She's probably in her room." Said Yui taking her eyes away from the TV for a moment to answer me.

"Ok. I'm going out for a bit. Tell her that I'll be back tomorrow morning."

•°•°•°•

"Su !!" Nene hugged me as soon as she opened the front door. I hugged her back and gave her a peck on the cheek before entering. "What are you doing here ? You know it's dangerous outside." She knows what's going on with all the deaths, she called me panicked to ask me if I'm well and safe at home a few days ago. We skipped school since this madness begin happening; one of the four vixens that died was living in the town our school is. It's way too risky for us to wander around in that town.

"I missed you so now I'm here. Why ? Can't I visit the girl I'm going to marry soon ?"

"Nene, who's there ?" I hear her mom saying from the kitchen.

"It's me, Mrs. Sugisaki."

"Oh, Suzuka. Just go to Nene's room and don't leave the house until tomorrow morning, you know why."

"That's what we wanted to do, mom." Said Nene, taking my hand and bringing me to her bedroom.

Once we got there she hugged me, burying her face into my chest.

"I'm scared, Su. What's going to happen to us and to all of the other vixens ?"

"Nothing. We are just fine, trust me."

"How do you know that ?"

"I just know. Let's not think about this right now, ok ?" I said before I took her lips in mine, laying both of us down on her bed.