Chapter 1

"Come on ladies! I know you can go faster!" the gym instructor yelled from the front of the class

Today was the last day of conditioning until the runway show in Paris tomorrow. I along with my best friend Charlotte are taking a red eye flight tonight to make it in time. Charlotte and I have been best friends since birth and I mean that very literally because our mothers both went into labor while having a mani-pedis together.

So it was kind of inevitable we'd also be best friends.

We both live in Calabasas, were both models, both hungry for acting jobs, and inspired by our favorite actress of all time Audrey Hepburn It was meant to be.

After about 30 minutes more of our cycling class the instructor yelled time, so we went to grab something to eat at a pretty popular restaurant.

We walked out of the building to go to Charlotte's car parked out front and leave.

"So I was thinking, do you think my manager would let me take someone along for the trip?" Charlotte says pulling out of the parking lot.

"hmm, who were you thinking? Another mystery boyfriend i'm assuming?" I roll my eyes at her

Sometimes her dating scene really bothers me because she'll find someone fall in love, and eventually the guy she's with will get what he wanted from her and then leave. And if your not catching on he'll basically have sex with her and then never speak to her again, or she'll blow over 1,000 dollars on him, from clothes to plane tickets. And still none of them stay. Then i'll have to here about it for months after the breakup.

"I don't think my manager will mind. Do you think?" she ignores my bad attitude

"Charlie, boys aren't even worth your time anymore." I lean forward and adjust the music

"Easy for you to say Mer! you and Ethan have been together since the 9th grade!" she laughs

"Thats so different, and you know that." I lean back in my seat

See what was different about Charlottes dating life in mine, was that it was fake. Ethan and I have been "going out" since we did a shoot together for the cover of vogue, But the thing is that we both have never really had any feelings for each other besides friendship. Our parents decided we should publicly become a couple for more publicity, so even though we kiss and hold hands in public him and I both know there is no chemistry there.

"I know, I know. I'm just trying to find someone before I grow old and die." she groans

"Your ridiculous!" I laugh

We pull up to the cafe and have photographers following us up into the entrance as we cover our faces and walk quickly in sitting in the back.

"God damn, don't they have anything better to do than follow us around all the time?" Charlie groans

"you're telling me! But as my mom says.....

we both say in our impression of her, "Always smile for the camera, even if your dying inside. Better to smile than let anyone know you have feelings." we both laugh at her horrible outlook on the press.

"Hey, i'm Emily can i get you started with something to drink today?" a cute petite blonde smiles at us grabbing a note pad and a pen while setting down some menus.

"uhm, actually we already know what we want and were kind of in a rush for a flight." charlotte hands her the menus back

"oh, yeah of course what can I get you?"

"we'll both have the kale and spinach salad with chicken and I would like a green smoothie please." I say

"I'll have the banana mango smoothie please." charlotte smiles at her as she walks away

"so who is the mystery man?" I say looking at her on her phone

"His names Liam."

"hmm, and where did you meet him?"

"well it was a while ago..." she was cut off by the waitress coming back with our smoothies and salads all bagged and ready to go.

"Thank you so much." I look her up and down and hand her a 10 dollar bill as a tip

"as i was saying," Charlie glares at the waitress as she walks away

"Liam and I met at that shoot we did for Calvin Klein."

"Whats his last name?"

"Why?"

"Just answer charlie."

"Jones, Liam Jones."

"And how long have the two of you been talking?"

"About a month and half now."

"Oh my god." I stare at her blankly

"What? Mer what is it?"