The Beginning

Authors note*

This story takes place a little in the past so keep that in mind as the story goes on

The sun poured down on to the little house at Roseberry grove. In the house lived 4 children. Christopher being the oldest at 17, Cathy at 15 and the twins, Lucy and Peter at the age of 7. They lives with their glamours mother, Mary and their workaholic father, Jake.

"Kids hurry up and get your dresses and suits in order before the neighbors come over!" Their mother called to the children. They were hosting a surprise party for their father who was coming back from Germany on a business trip.

"But mommy I don't want to wear a dress, I want to go play outside!" Lucy complained. "Now hush darling, when the party is over you can play." Mary said to Lucy soothingly. The rest of the kids came down stairs and stood in a line so she could examine them. "You are all perfect." Mary proudly stated. The doorbell then rang and they knew the first guest has arrived.

4 hours later

Cathy anxiously stared out the window waiting for her father to come home. "Chris, dad never takes this long to come home, where is he?" Cathy exclaimed worriedly to her older brother. "He probably got caught in traffic, don't worry sis." He said calmly patting her head and went on to mingle with the other guests. They then heard a car pull up in the driveway. "Quick everyone hide!" Mary exclaimed excitedly. All the guests ran and hide and waited for him to enter. Slowly the door creaked open and shut, and footsteps traveled up the steps. Mary looked up to take a peak. Slowly, she rises and motions for everyone to get up. A man walks into the room. This man, was a cop. "Miss, I'm very sorry to inform, your husband has been in an accident and he didn't make it." Mary stares at him in shock, she fell to ground and cried while everyone else stood there out of shock.

1 week later

"Mom you have to pay for my ballet classes, you are overdue." Cathy told her mother. Mary tiredly placed her head on the table and got back up. "Cathy, Christopher, Lucy and Peter please come here for a second." The children filed into their mothers study and took a seat on the leather couch. Mary stood up and sat in a chair in front of the couch. "Children, ever since your father died, it has been a struggle to keep up with the bills and I am trying my best to to care of you." Their blonde haired mother said. "But, it is becoming too hard for me to support you for." Mary grabbed Peter's hand in hers. "This house, doesn't belong to us anymore," began Mary,"neither does your toys or anything else in it." The children looked at each other with shock. "I can't pay the taxes anymore so everything goes to the bank." Lucy and Peter got up and hugged their mother. "Mom, where are we going to go now?" asked Christopher. "Children do not worry, I have a plan."