3 months later

It has been three months and the children have been locked away in the attic for 3 months without seeing their mother. Everyday their grandmother give them food to last them whole day, so they have to ration out the portions between the four of them. They struggled to get used to the new surroundings, but they kept spirits high by telling each other that they would leave any day now. Chris and Cathy tried to make the attic as cheery as possible, since they weren't allowed to go outside. Lucy hated the attic with a burning passion, and Peter was her little shadow, he did what ever she did. Their mother came and went every day, but to Cathy, it seemed like the time decreased every day. And she walked into their jail cell with fur coats, diamond earrings and pearls hanging daintily around her neck. "I promise darlings, any day now your grandfather will pass, I just need time." She said to them right before she left. Cathy seemed to be losing hope, but Peter knew how to let her spirits soar.

3 more months

It was soon approaching Chris's birthday, and Cathy was at work making him a perfect card with the paper she ripped out from old books in the attic. And as gracefully as possible, drew a picture of all of them,( she knew Christopher would yell at her for not being neater). The twins decided to sing a song for Chris and when the twins sang, it was like the beginning of world peace. Peter was extremely into music, Cathy even asked their mother to bring up a little guitar for Peter to play, Lucy, on the other hand, hated being their and would try to break down the door with her tiny fists. Christopher tried the best he could to represent a model figure of a father, and Cathy as the mother, because their mothers time with them has slowly been decreasing. Now, she only came once a month. Cathy began to despise her, she would walk in with new clothes and diamonds and riches galore! While Cathy, was stuck with old dresses and skirts that were slowly getting shorter. Oh she hated not being able to dance at the studio and hated how she can't go play outside like all the other children in the world. She had a bad feeling about the attic. Oh those 4 little petals, being slowly plucked from a flower, like their lives being plucked from humanity.