Creeping in My Soul Part 3

I awoke in a place of darkness. My body felt painless as well as weightless. I'd always been afraid of the dark, but this darkness was comforting almost. I looked around. The floor was cold as ice, but it didn't hurt my bare feet or make them go numb.

There was a glowing light coming from far away. It got closer and closer until it was in front of me. It was a gold sphere. I reached out to touch it, surprised when my hand touched it a golden warmth flooded through me. It gave me a sense of belonging. It gave me peace.

A woman appeared in the light. I recoiled as she stepped out of the sphere, hovering in the air. She had a pale honey skin tone and long wavy, verging on curly golden brown hair. She wore a dress that looked like something a greek goddess would wear. It was a light orange with 2 red lines running from under the hem at the top to the hem of the bottom of the dress. She was beautiful.

She touched the ground. She smiled at me, her honey colored eyes glowing. I felt some strange feeling bubble up inside me. I couldn't identify it though. It was warm and made me smiled back at her.

"Who are you?" I asked, heasitently taking her hand to make sure she was real.

"Araina, my little one." She stroked my cheek softly, lovingly.

"Have I met you before?" The floor shook. I stumbled, holding onto Araina tightly. I had a feeling of falling. I screamed. The darkness around us started shattering.

"You must go back! Quickly! I will find you again, my little one!" Her beautiful face contorted with panic and she ran away from me.

"Wait!" I called, trying to follow her. I started to fall again. I screamed and screamed as darkness rushed by.