Chapter 3

As I emerged from the bathroom with a cloud of mist from the hot shower I noticed a note left next to my night stand. I walk over unfold the paper.....

Hey Red....
I just wanted to let u know that everyone has gathered in the weapon room. Have left some breakfast on the table, don't take to long.
~Nixx

I put the note back down, got dressed in a tank top and a pair of black shorts before heading down to the weapon room on the way grabbing something to eat. When I reached the weapon room, I'm surrounded by the familiar faces of my friends and loyal crew, as their faithful leader I have to make sure that everyone here has a certain role in this crew and that no one gets left out. Jade walked over to me and patted me on the back.

"Mornin', Red." Her voice held a rough tone in it yet not one bit hostile. I nodded my greeting, not really wanting to say anything. Walking steadily, I head for the weapon's table, in the back of the room. The crowd parting as though an invisible force forcing them aside. Once I reach the table I pick up a semi-automatic hand gun, with a silver barrel and black grip, reloading it, I head for the targets set up near the table.

"You all have heard of the gangs whose areas have been taken over," I made sure my voice was projected, loudly and clearly, in hopes I wouldn't have to repeat myself so the back of the room can hear me.

"I have also received that some of our members have been gone for days. Before this meeting proceeds, I would like to welcome our new members," I extend my arm to the right corner of the room. "Seeing as they are new and have yet to see the way we hit, I would like to show them. With the help of one of you." Even as i said this everyone looked sceptical. No one wanted to show the newbies what a killer can do.

"Jade," I saw her straightened in the crowd. "Get your knives out." She obeyed, grabbing the combat knives given to her by a friend attached to the belt around her hips. The blades were black, gleaming in the light
She stood beside me, like a knight would for his king, waiting to receive commands. I place my lips next to her ear and whispered the very thing I wanted her to do.

"Aim for the head"  I backed away, giving her room to turn and face the targets. She took a knife out of its pocket, making a sound that sends shivers up my spine, pulling her hand back with her fingers loosely on the hilt and threw it hard enough to put half of it in the dummy's forehead.

'Oohs' and 'ahhs' echoed throughout the room and Jade being the bitch she is was now acting like a little brat. I watched as she took a light bow.

I push her roughly aside, dragging her back to her place. She stumbled to the side, catching her balance before she could faceplant to the ground.

"Now the gun." I announced showing off my pistol. I take aim at a different dummy. I pull the trigger, sending a bullet bareling towards the target. It hits the forehead, going straight through. As one does this, I quickly take aim at the chest area, around the heart, again going through.

'Oohs' and 'Aahs' did not echo the room as the deafening booming sound enveloped all. I didn't get cocky as I walk to Jade's dummy pulling the knife out.

"You will be thought self defence starting today," my tone did not hold room to reasoning. "Any complaints can be side but will be ignored. Dismissed." I sounded cold and unforgiving. Just like an army officer. Just like the streets and alleyways on Winter's and Autumn's nights, so cold it's as though the moon was made of ice.

I toss the knife back at Jade, almost hitting the hilt against her and with that i walk out of the room, heading towards my private training area.

Pls don't forget to vote
Till next time!