I Hate Literature

I sat down at my usual seat at the back corner where the window is located. I was glad that was the place I chose when I began 12th grade. I can do whatever I want back here without anyone noticing. It was an everyday routine for me, using my phone back here. I don't do anything in this class its just too boring. I mean who reads William Shakespeare anymore or Oliver Twist? Come on people.

No one was online on WhatsApp and I spend half of my time watching Instagram videos so I almost finished. And the ones I am seeing I have seen and liked or commented or whatever.

I groaned and put my phone in my pocket. The teacher looked at me. "Problem Ms. Windsfield?" My Literature teacher Mr. Reid asked. "Me? Problem? Psh nah. Just a headache!" I lied. "Come get this pass to go to the nurse," he said.

He took up the pass, holding it out. "I..." I began but got cut off by his roaring voice. "Ms. Windsfield!"

I huffed and got up, getting my stuff and went for the pass, exiting the class conservatively. "Great. Nice lie idiot. Now look where its gotten you!" I said sarcastically to myself.

I couldn't go to the nurse. She'd give me medication and let me take it in there. I can't take it not feeling sick.

"Whatev-" I lost balance and fell on my rump with a thud and an oof escaping my mouth. My things flew in the air and everything fell on me. My book hit me in the head and I flinched. "Shit! I'm so sorry!" Its a boy. He looked new. "That's fine!" I waved him off, touching the spot where I got hit.

I rested that hand on my leg and the boy gave me a hand. I took it and he helped me up. "Shit!" He cursed and dug up in his pocket. He took out a handkerchief and handed it to me. "Your hea-fuck it!" He took it from me and dabbed the spot I got hit. "Ouch!" I flinched. "Sorry."

He used his phone as a mirror and showed me. "Oh my god that's bad," I took it from him and stared deeply at it. "I'm sorry. I'm Alec!" He extended his hand. I shook it and smiled. "Ava!"

"So how come, you're not in class?" He asked me. "I'd ask you the same question."

"Well, I know its bad that its my first day and I got kicked out of class already but its reality!" He laughed. It was bad that on the first day of school for him he got kicked out. Anybody else and that would be a little better but a new kid?

"I lied that I had a headache and my teacher gave me a stupid pass to the nurse. I don't plan on going back there. I'll just let the nurse keep it since I got injured after all," I smiled.

"Nice, want me to follow you there?" He asked. Well, I didn't want to sound mean saying no or too nice saying yes but I could use some company. Besides he injured me so why not?

"Uh, sure! If you're interested even I can show you around the school at lunch time and get to know each other a little better?" I asked, just in case he said no. "You kidding me?" He asked, sounding miffed. I gritted my teeth, embarrassedly and looked away. "It sounds fun!" He said, infatuated.

I smiled and we went on our journey to the nurse.