Chapter 23

Aaliyah~

I've lost a lot of blood. After I got in the car, I passed out within ten minutes. My shirt is stained red and I'm weak.

"We need to get her to Axel. He can stitch up her wound." I've never heard this mans voice before. And my vision is too blurry to see who he is, but he sounds younger.

"You'd better hurry and drive there. We don't have all day." Jodin. I try to sit up, to see where we are, and immediately all eyes are on my pale face.

"Look who's awake." I don't say a word. "You stirred up a lot of trouble back there, you know that? Almost had me locked up. Didn't know such a little girl could stir up all that ruckus." I glare at him.

"Where are we?" My throat is parched, my voice is raspy and monotone. I barely recognize it anymore.

"About a days worth away from where we were?" A days worth? I haven't been out that long. Have I?

"Where are we going?" He scoffs at my words, he looks at me as if I am stupid.

"And why would I tell you? So you can cause more problems than you already have?" I laugh a little, and immediately regret it when my shoulder starts to ache in excruciating pain. "What are you laughing at?"

"Just that.. you say I'm the problem? Did I ask to get shot and kidnapped?" He doesn't say anything. And I'm pretty sure I won. But the pain in my arm is enough to tell me that winning an argument is a big deal.

After about two hours, we pull up to a place that looks like a warehouse. Almost like the last place did. A shiver runs down my spine as they pull me out of the car. I grit my teeth and squeeze my eyes together in pain when I land on the ground, pain lacing through my shoulder.

"Be careful. My shoulder." I say, and Jodin glares at me, smirking.

"I can do what I want." I can barely see. I can't see the ground. I'm stumbling everywhere, and I can feel the bile in my stomach rising as everything swirls around me.

I try to tell them that I need to stop. I need to stop walking, but before I get words out, I hurl onto the pavement.

"God. That's so disgusting." I hear a girls voice come from in front of me. I look up and see a Hispanic girl with long black hair, her eyes are dark, and she struts towards us. "Lance!" She walks up to the boy who was driving the car and gives him a hug, then grabs his face and starts kissing him. She must really like him.

"You're looking great, Layla. Beautiful as always." She blushes and I can't help but think of the first day I met Theo.

Theo..

I was so close to feeling him yet so far. I wanted to feel his body against mine, and to feel our lips together. I wanted to stroke his cheek and to finally say the three words I should've said when I had the chance. But I was so scared. I was scared of losing him. I was scared that he would realize that he didn't want me. That I was a mistake.

And I was so close. But somehow I knew. I just knew that it wasn't going to happen. I could feel it in my gut. I knew I wasn't going to hold him anytime soon, no matter how much I wanted it.

And to think I could've been holding my baby girl.. God, that just breaks me. I miss her. I miss her so much. I miss her voice and her personality. I miss the way she would run into my arms after work, and when she would hold my hand. I just miss her.

I am pushed into the doorway of the warehouse and I fall over. I turn over and scramble to get back on my feet. Te younger boy, Lance, comes towards me with a rag. My back hits a wall and my breathing becomes faster as he nears me. He kneels down, putting the rag to my face. I breathe in a large amount of chemicals, fighting against him.

And then I'm gone.

~

Theo~

It's been weeks since we've been looking for her. And I don't know if I can go another day. I try to pretend like I'm fine, but really I'm broken.

I've been taking care of Riley. Most days I spend over at Aaliyah's house. Riley doesn't know what's going on. She doesn't know where her mom is, and I wish I could tell her. But I don't know either.

The moment I saw Aaliyah walk out of that building, I knew that she changed. She was different. Her eyes had changed. And when she smiled at me.. that's all I wanted. Was to see her smiling. But I know that she was trying to be tough. I could see right through her.

When she was shot, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to save her. And be the hero she needed. I don't know if she's still alive at this point.

I have completely dropped my career. I've put it on hold. My manager has been screaming at me for days on end, but all the matters to me is Aaliyah. She's being tortured and there's nothing I can do about it.

I will not stop until I find her.