"Sure is!"

Song of the chapter- take me there by Rascal Flatts

"Sure is!" I breath relaxing in my seat as I pulled into the dirt car park and kill the engine. "I don't bring many guys here you know" I pause laughing inside because he had no idea how true that statement was "you're lucky kid" I smile turning my head to look at him. He closed his eyes as the soft sea air blew in through the open windows "I guess I am" he sighed opening his heavy eyes and looking at me. Soft smiles tugged at the corners of our lips and we spent a minuet in silence just sitting and studying each other. I close my eyes "it's so peaceful" Harry chortles a little and I open my eyes again to see him staring back. "Peace is what I need". He slid his hand into mine and traced my palm with his slender index finger. I didn't pull back I just let him hold my smaller hand in his. I'm overwhelmed with his presence and I feel the gap between us closing his beautiful green orbs never break contact with mine but I don't feel uncomfortable as his finger tips ran over my cheek bones. Our lips pressed together lightly in a sweet warm kiss. My eye lids fluttered open as he pulled away ever so slightly but not enough to detract his warmth. His hand remained on my cheek and our gaze remained fixed. "Well this is a new one for me" I chortled awkwardly and Harry's hand slipped from its previous place. I caught it in my own before it hit his leg "that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it" I smiled running my thumb open his slightly reddened cheek. It's not until I look deeper into his mysterious orbs that I realise what I've done. I've driven a complete stranger to my secret hiding place and kissed him in the front of my beat up rover. Jesus. Why don't I feel scared and why don't I feel bad for letting this guy into my messed up little life. Harry sensed my internal panic and shifted in his seat to break me from my trance. He cleared his throat and I blinked harshly a few time to wake myself up "what can we do to get to know each other more" Harry asked knowing that was what I was thinking. He answered his own question "let's play 20 question" he grinned "you start" I say and Harry ponders over what he would ask me "how long have you lived here?" He asked pointing out the window. It's a simple answer "forever, what brought you here?" The light in his eyes dims when he hears my question. I feel his hand reconnect with mine like he's searching for some kind of comfort "things weren't right back home" that was all he said. His voice was teary and I didn't like seeing him like this even though this is the first time we've met "let's not play this anymore" i said squeezing his hand. His face seemed to light up slightly when I finished the game.

***********************************
We climbed down the rocks to the beach and paddled in the icy water swapping embarrassing family holiday stories and splashing each other. I showed Harry the rock pools and the secret beach that only appears when it's a really low tide. We were walking bare foot back to my car and I turned my phone on to see I had 5 missed calls from Emily. I excused myself from Harry who was sat on the edge of a rock looking over the beach and dialled her number "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU SOPHIE!" She blared down the line "look I need you to cover me" I replied turning to see Harry "NO I'M MEETING CHRIS IN 30 MINUTES!" She's not letting in so I decided to explain my full circumstances and that I'm kinda on my first date In a year with a mysterious dark haired northern boy. "Fine but you owe me bitch!" She hisses before cutting the call. I sigh and walk back to Harry "hungry?" I ask him. He nods "let me guess, where you're taking me is surprise" he chuckles as I grab his hand leading him to the car "sure is!"

The places I'm writing about are all real and the house Sophie lives in is basically my second home :) Google:
Porth Naven/ Cot Valley
Sennen cove