9 - "I Bet You Liked It Rough Didn't You..."

Narrator's POV

February 15th,  2018

Austin smiled lovingly at Mia who was sitting next to him on the sofa as their family and friends surrounded them.

"I knew I was fucked when all she had to do was smile and my heart pounded against my chest." Austin admitted to everyone, answering their interrogative questions. Mia's friends all sat around her as she leaned into Austin hiding her face in his chest in embarrassment as all of their friends awed. 

Austin and Mia decided to not have bachelor and bachelorette parties and just invite all of their friends along with families to a small get together right before their wedding day.

"I cant believe you guys hid your relationship from us! I remember Mia used to be so into you and then you got together with Jasmine and it hurt her so bad. I'm so happy you guys are together now!" Amber, one of Mia's friends, spoke up. 

Austin stiffened suddenly at the mention of Jasmine before letting out a shaky breath and giving Amber a wolfish grin. 

"I only got with her to distract my mind from Mia, she was all I could ever think about, she was driving me crazy! I never once thought she would be interested in me." Austin said smoothly bringing Mia in for a quick peck on the lips making her blush once again.

"Nah forreal man?! We couldn't even tell you weren't into Jas, I actually believed you loved her until you told us you and Mia were a thing." Mason, one of Austin's friends, said. 

"I was kinda scared Mia wouldn't talk to me if I told her I was interested at first but then when Jas and I broke up and I couldn't get her out of my mind I knew I had to tell her." Austin spilled running his fingers through Mia's hair as she looked up at him with adoration.  

"It's funny that you thought she wouldn't be interested, because Mia thought the same thing about you!" Sandra giggled, lightly tapping Mia's foot who had been quiet throughout most of this get together. 

"I'm so glad you got rid of Dean, Mia! He was such an asshole. I can't believe you got with him to get over Austin, although I see it didn't work!" Nicki laughed teasingly as she shoved Mia more into Austin.

This time Mia tensed up, Austin wasn't supposed to know she only got a boyfriend to get over him. Although Austin let out a small laugh and tightened his grip on her waist she knew he was gloating on the inside, because he was right about what he had told her previously. She really wouldn't miss a chance to be with him, even if it was fake.

"You alright babe? You haven't been talking much." Austin asked peering down with a concerned look at Mia who was twiddling with her fingers. 

"I'm fine, I'm just going to go and get some water." Mia answered quietly. Her emotions were all over the place and she had to keep reminding herself that this was all just an act. . . 

Austin wasn't really interested in her like he was pretending to be. He wasn't her fiance, he didn't love her like she loved him. He could never love her like she loved him. Her love was pure, it was real while his was all just an act to please his mother.