13 - "Who Was That Girl on Friday Night Then?"

February 19th, 2018

Narrator's POV

Mia nervously walked to her first college class of the day, English literature. UCLA was a big campus, and more than often Mia found herself wandering around instead of going to her classes. She had to remind herself she wasn't here to fool around, it was go time. Education was never a joke to her, although she didn't enjoy it as much as she did when she was younger, Mia knew she had to do this for herself. 

Opening the door up she walked in spotting the professor at the front of the room. She was at her desk fixing some papers, before turning around and writing something on the gigantic white board. Mia's eyes skimmed the small crowd of students that were gathered around one another seemingly acquainted with each other. 

She walked up the steps making sure to keep her head down as she slid into one of the manila seats, setting her laptop down onto the stretched out table. She took out a pen and one of the many new notebooks she had just purchased this weekend from her small backpack. Tucking a strand of her brown hair behind her ear she started fiddling with the long sleeves of her shirt, anxious for class to begin. Mia could almost feel everybody's eyes on her as a blush formed automatically. She wasn't exactly a social bug, she liked staying in the background rather than in the spotlight. Anxiety was something Mia had struggled with for almost all of her life. Sometimes she could deal with it, and other times she wanted to disappear. 

A light tap on her shoulder startled her out of her thoughts. She turned around with a faint pinky blush on her cheeks and came face to face with the cute pizza delivery guy from Friday. 

"I thought it was you." He grinned as Mia smiled back nervously not knowing what exactly to say. 

"Hi." She spoke shyly.

"I didn't know you went here, I've never seen you around before." He stated, sliding into the open seat next to her. His eyes gleamed as he turned to look at her. 

"I actually just joined a few classes today, I'm new here. They had me do a few tests before I began and I passed so they let me in this late in the semester." 

"I could show you around if you want, since you know you're new here and all." He tilted his head ruffling the brown hair on his head. 

"I'd like that. . ." Mia paused waiting for him to tell her his name.

"Zane, Zane Dempsey." He answered. 

"Zane." Mia repeated. Even his name is hot wow, she thought in her head. 

"It's nice to meet you." She continued.

"You too, Mia." He smiled at her once again.

"You remember my name?"

"I don't think guys forget pretty girls' names." Zane flirted, making Mia blush as she let out a soft laugh as she shielded her face with one of her hands, hiding her blush.