Complicated

Dana's POV

"Uhhhhh," I say, not knowing what to do. Gabe, Will, Cole, and Dalton sit down in their seats. "Here's some candy," Dalton says and hands me a box of sour gummy worms. "Thanks," I reply and take the box. "So, uh, what happened?" Dalton whispers in my ear. I sigh, "I'll tell you later." Dalton nods and the movie begins.

During the movie, I just eat my gummy worms, occasionally sneaking glances at Justine. She seems uncomfortable, but relaxes once Cole puts his arm around her and whispers something in her ear. Ugh, I'm so irritated! Everything time I try to kiss her, something always interrupts us!!

After the movie, all of us walk back to Gabe's car. "That was the best movie ever!!" Will shouts. All of us laugh. "I love black people," Cole says. "Geez, you're so racist Cole," Dalton tells him. "I'm not racist!" Cole replies. Gabe groans, "Guys, it's late. Shut up." 

All of us pile into Gabe's car, and Justine awkwardly sits on my lap. I feel so bad right now. I whisper in her ear, "I'm sorry." She sighs and holds my hand, "It's fine." I squeeze her hand and she rests her head in the crook of my neck and closes her eyes. I look at her and smile. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. 

"Guys, it's time to wake up," I hear a voice say. I slowly open my eyes and rub them. "Omg, they are so cute," Will says. I fully open my eyes and see Justine hiding her face in my shoulder. I smile. "Justine," I say and shake her a bit. "No," she replies. I shake her one more time. She groans and finally reveals her face. Wow, even if she just woke up from a nap, she still looks perfect.

I turn to look at the guys and see them all smiling at us. "What?" I ask. All of them look away and say "Nothin" at different times. God, they're weird. All of us climb out on the driveway of my house. Justine grabs her backpack from Gabe's trunk and walks over to all of us. 

"I'm gonna go home," Justine tells us. "No!!" Dalton shouts and tackles her in a hug. "Dalton! She's tired!" Cole says. "Fine!" Dalton says and lets her go. Cole goes next to hug her. Then, Will. Then, Gabe. I finally walk up to her and hug her. "I'll see you tomorrow, kay?" I tell her. "Okay," She replies and smiles. "How come Dana gets a long hug?" Will grumbles. Justine laughs and lets me go. "Bye guys!" She says and walks next door to her house. All of us watch her until she enters inside. Then, all of the boys turn their heads to face me. "What?" I say confused.

"Let's go inside," Cole says and pats my back. "You, my friend, are in a need of a very long talk," Gabe says. All of us walk inside and I collaspe on the living room couch.  Gabe takes the lounge chair, Cole and Dalton sit on the ground and Will sits next to me. All of them stare at me.

"Can you guys stop staring at me? It's getting to a point where it's creepy," I tell them. "What happened today?" Will asks. "What do you mean 'what happened'?" I say with a confused face. "Okay! Everytime time we leave you guys and come back, you guys look like you were going to kiss each other!" Cole exclaims.

I chuckle, "Oh yeah...that." Dalton gasps, "Phfftt! Oh yeah....that? That's not what best friends do man!! Best friends don't kiss!! You don't see me making out with Cole!!" "Okay, I know that last part is not true," I say and point at him. "We all know that's not true," Gabe encounters. "Whoa! Whoa! Colton ain't getting frinky dinky!" Cole exclaims and waves his hands.

"Can we stop talk about Colton and talk about Jana," Will says. I furrow my eyebrows, "Jana?" "Yeah! That's my ship name for you guys!" Will says proudly. "Jana, that's actually cute," Gabe says. "Oooo! I like it," Dalton says. "Guys, what are we even talking about?" I ask them confused.

"Why were you guys going to kiss again?" Cole asks. I sigh. "Well, I asked Justine about what happened on my porch yesterday and how we almost kissed. Then, she was like yeah. Then, we just sorted lean in and YOU GUYS INTERRUPTED US!!" I say. Dalton laughs. "I don't know why and how we always interrupt you guys," he says. I shrugg. "We have bad timing," Gabe says. "I got it!" Will says. "What?" Cole asks. "I'll tell you guys the plan," Will starts off.