nico the blue dog

"Justy? Where are we going?" Hazel asks. Looking at the floor, concentrating on every crack.

"Well your mom is busy all day, so I figured we can do some shopping." Justin says, holding her hand as he pulls into a parking garage.

Hazel starts clapping her hands together, ever since she was a little kid she loved shopping, and put together her outfits in the morning. Her favorite was when her mother would wear skirts that flowed out whenever she twirled. And Hazel always waited for the day when she would be able to wear those.

"Justy?" Hazel asks

"Yeah Squirt?"

"Can we go to beary place?" She asks, referring to Build -A-Bear-Workshop.

"Maybe, if you're good." Justin says with a wink. She giggles and smiles, knowing she's always on her best behavior.

The two start to walk around the mall, he takes her to places like Ralph Lauren and has her pick out stuff she likes and has them try them on.

"Justy, do you think mommy will like this?" Hazel asks, coming out of the dressing room, spinning around in a flowy sundress, pairing it with the worn down pair of converse she always wore.

"She's going to love it" Justin says, giving her the next outfit.

They check a few more stores but then hazel sees the only one that truly matters.

"Justy please!!" Hazel begs, tugging on his hoodie. Justin laughs and nods,

"You've been good," he says, giving her the okay.

Hazel picks up the pace as she pulls Justin inside. Her eyes widen at the selection of bears, cats, dogs, and any other form of stuff animal there is.

Hazel decides on a blue dog, "look justy." she says, showing him,

"Don't you want the pink cat?" Justin asks, picking up the limp stuffed animal

"Mommy says to never be gender specific. Girls can like football and boys can like ballet. Gender equality." Hazel says, in matter of factly. Defending her choice of a blue dog.

Justin laughs and kneels down to her level, "you know what hazel?" Justin asks, hazel gets closer to him, as if he were about to tell her a secret, "you're a lot smarter than a lot of people on this planet."

Hazel giggles and goes back to roaming. She decides she does want the blue dog and she takes it to the stuffing machine.

"Alright, sweetie, grab a heart." The worker says.

"I want one for mommy, one for daddy, and one for justy." Hazel says picking out three red hearts. The lady is about to protest, but she sees that Justin Bieber is her guardian, so she lets it slide.

Hazel gives Justin a silk heart, meaning he has to do the dance with her.

"Okay, you pick. Do you want to spin around three times or jump up and down three times?"  The worker asks. Justin looks down at hazel for her consent.

"Spin." Hazel says. And she giggles as she spins three times. Justin does the same.

"Okay, now, Rub it on your funny bone so it's silly." Hazel and Justin rub it on their elbow,

"Now, Rub it on your heart for lots of love."

"Justy, give me your heart." Hazel orders. Justin laughs as he bends down. She uses his heart and he uses hers.

"Rub it on your hair so it never has a bad fur day. " the worker says, causing hazel to laugh.

"Rub it on your ears so it listens to all your secrets, then rub it on your lips so it doesn't tell your secrets." She says. Justin and hazel do so. "Now kiss it and place it inside."

Justin kisses the heart and puts it inside, hazel does too. The lady takes the bear and sews it together.

Once she's done she hands it back to hazel. So hazel takes it to the bath and gives the bear a bath, and brushes out the fur. She then takes it to the clothing part. Being a fashion icon at three she picks out nice clothes for the animal, which includes dresses and skirts.

"So it's a girl?" Justin asks,

"No, mommy says it's okay for boys to dress like girls and for girls to dress like boys." Hazel says, in matter of factly. Giving Justin another lesson on gender equality.

But then she also picks out men's clothes just in case the dog changes its mind about the whole being a girl thing

"Okay, you ready?" Justin asks, hazel nods and takes the outfits she chose and her animal to the front.

He pays and they leave the mall. Back to the car. Hazel automatically takes her blue dog out of the box it's in and holds it in her lap.

"Alright Squirt, where do you wanna eat?" Justin asks.

"Nuggets." She says.

Justin smiles and nods. He takes her to McDonalds and they sit and eat. Once they are done, Justin checks the time.

"Five o clock, your mom should be home." He says, picking up the tray and bringing it to the trash can. "alright let's get you home"

The drive home takes longer than expected, with the work rush, but once he gets there he knocks on the door. No answer. He knocks again, nothing. He tries the doorknob and it's unlocked. He walks inside.

"MaryGrace?" Justin calls, and he sees her, sleeping on the couch, her backpack tossed on the floor and her shoes still on.

"Mommy!" Hazel cheers as she climbs onto her mother. MaryGrace groans as she wakes up.

"Oh, I'm sorry I fell asleep-" she's interrupted by Hazel.

"Mommy look, justy took me to the beary store." Hazel exclaims showing off her blue dog.

"Wow, what's her name?"

"Well his name is Nico." Hazel says. "Gender equality."

MaryGrace smiles at her daughter. "I like it."

"Justy also got me some clothes." she says, showing her mother the bags of new clothes.

"I see that," MaryGrace says, "Justin, this probably costed a fortune. You really shouldn't have"

"No, it's fine. I got so much money I don't even know what to do with it.." Justin says shrugging, his hands deep into his pockets. Seeming as if a hero.

MaryGrace looks inside all of the bags. She notices they are not from Justice or anything they are from Ralph Lauren and other high end stores she hadn't even herd of.

Before she could protest again Justin speaks up, "well, I will see you ladies tomorrow. Have a good night." He says. And leaves the room.

The rest of the night involved hazel showing her mother what she got from the mall and dressing Nico into his glittery pink pajamas.