never

you lifted your head, hands still tight around the boy.

"what do you mean?"

he released you from his arms and guided you to the bench nearby. he dusted the seat next to him and patted it indicating you to seat down. silence filled the air as you stared into the twinkling stars. the stars reminded you of how seokmin lit up your dull life. which made you face him, he was staring at you with such an adoring gaze.

"you know, how i just appear out of nowhere and yet you never question me amazes me." he let out a dry chuckle and you lightly slapped his shoulder and followed suit.

"i'm not who you think i am, i'm not one of your kind. i was killed by someone who shot me in the neck. hence, that's why you saw my neck bleeding and it still is."

you leaned back to check his neck and sure enough it still was. you took deep breaths and clenched the hem of your hoodie tight preventing yourself from fainting again. seokmin grabbed your hand and clasped it with his, rubbing his thumb in small circles on the back of your hand to soothe you.

"i'm not exactly a goblin, im just a wandering spirit who happened to see you here blowing matchsticks one fine night. i was so intrigued by you, how your nose scrunched up when you realised goblins don't exist. how your cheeks get red from the cold wind is cute too. and then you fainted after seeing my neck, i panicked as well because i thought i wasn't able to help you. so i posessed your student council's body just so i could carry you back home. but you know what got me? how you and i are managing physical contact right now without any medium."

come to think of it, now that he mentioned it how was it possible for a spirit and human to have physical contact?

"then i remembered a few days back, a few other spirits were talking about how deseparation and love brought a spirit back to it's human form."

your eyes twinkled at the thought of seokmin turning back into a human.

"do you think you can be the same as that spirit too seokmin?"

he let out a chuckle as he squeezed your cheeks. his smile itself brought so much positivity to you, you were in cloud nine at that moment.

"so now that i know you're a spirit, i have to be more passionate in trying to get you back am i right? i don't want others to think i'm the crazy girl who talks and laughs on her own." you let out a small pout and he gave off his signature smile.

"of course, how about we meet each other here each night. and maybe you can just blow some matchsticks to see if i appear."

the both of you carried on laughing and talking the night away. each night came and the both of you never failed to meet up and become closer everytime.

it was a month since you met seokmin and you were pretty sure your feelings for him grew deeper. your heart ached to see his neck in that state and you really wanted to show him off to everyone. on that night you decided it was time.

"seokmin, let's do it."

"w-what do you mean?"

"kiss."

-ahhh im falling for seokmin the more i write this tbh ;;; one more chapter and we're done yall!!!