leave 2.0

you took a step closer, staring right into his bright eyes. his lips were trembling and it was the cutest thing you've ever seen seokmin do.

"relax, it's just a short one trust me."

you held his hands and rubbed the back of his hands to calm him down. once you saw him relax you took a step forward and cupped his face.

"i love you seokmin."

you leaned in closer, feeling anxious as you inched closer to his soft plump lips.

"i wouldn't do that if i were you."

shocked, you turned to the source of the voice. your head was dizzy, you couldn't fully take in the situation. why was he here? hong jisoo, was there in a pastel blue coat glaring right at seokmin.

you stepped back, trying to accept the fact that someone else had actually stopped you.

"you can see him??" you voiced out as jisoo walked closer to the both of you.

"of course, i was once a spirit. that spirit that was brought back to life through passion and love." jisoo looked at the both of you with sorrow filled eyes.

"no way! it's true, oh my god seokmin you have a chance!" your eyes lit up as you faced seokmin, this was great news!

seokmin held your hand and nudged you, which brought your attention back to jisoo.

"sunbae-nim, is something wrong?" you questioned, worried about him.

"don't rush it, think about your future. once you leave, seokmin goes back to being a lonely spirit and if seokmin were to leave, you-" jisoo sighed, tears choking him.

"you turn into a spirit." he manages to complete his sentence tears streaming down his face.

you released your grip from seokmin's hand and headed to jisoo rubbing his back in hopes to comfort him. the three of you decided it was best to be settled somewhere private and warm, so you headed for home sweet home.

once you reached, you prepared a hot drink for jisoo. placing it infront of him, you glanced at seokmin who was determined to cheer the miserable figure next to him. his actions and each word made you smile.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have interrupted the both of you. that was really dumb of me, i just didn't want history to repeat itself. i was greedy and selfish, she loved me with all she could afford, cared for me everyday without fail and never failed to remind me how precious i was to her yet all i did was find other people to love me even more."

"wow that was stup-" you were about to finish your sentence when you found your mouth being covered by seokmin's hand.

"hyung, i'm really sorry to hear all that but i think it's best to continue praying for her wellness and hope she forgives you!" seokmin says with a sheepish smile as you glared at him for stopping you.

"ah, right. i should get going, i see that i'm bothering the both of you. i'm really sorry i just don't know what got to me. good bye then."

you guided him out and waved goodbye. you sighed and walked back to the living room only to find that seokmin wasn't there.

"seokmin-ah! lee seokmin, where are you?" you said as you headed to your room. you scanned your room but he wasn't in there, you walked towards your study table and realised your diary was open.

as you picked up the diary you felt a pair of arms wrap around you.

"you know, i find it cute how you draw a heart each time you write my name." he let out a soft giggle which made you do the same.

"seokmin-ah, about what jisoo said. do you really think we can last with each other? i mean i'm pretty confident with my love for you, since i'm a well-known loner but what about you? you'll probably see more prettier girls than me and fall in love, i don't want that to happen. i don't want to turn into a spirit seokmin. i really am scared," tears started to well up in your eyes.

seokmin released you from his grip and turned you around, cupping your cheeks he brought your face closer to his.

"i may look young but i've lived as a spirit long enough to know what my heart wants and feels. of all the countless girls i've passed by you've made me feel special since i first saw you. trust me, even if i die i promise that in the next life, i'll find you and marry you right away."

you giggled as he wiped the tears rolling down your soft cheeks with his thumbs.

"you won't regret and trust me, i'll protect you and will continue to love you through thick and thin. i love you," he says as he inches closer to your lips.

"i love you too seokmin."

and with that your lips met, it was a soft and gentle kiss but at the same time you felt the passion and love with each move. you swore you felt your feet were off the ground, like you were flying as you tasted his sweet lips. you wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer, wanting more. he smiled into the kiss after realising your action, it was the most beautiful moment for him.

soon after, the both of you parted for air, breathing and smiling sheepishly at each other. embracing the special moment that shall never be forgotten.

//

"i still can't believe she didn't get together with jisoo sunbae-nim after what he did for her."

"they look really cute together to be honest. i'd find it weird if she was with jisoo sunbae instead."

you smiled at seokmin as he slung an arm across your shoulders and pulled you close to him. he made a kissy face at you which in return you playfully smacked your fingers against his lips instead, earning a pout from him.

"hey! that's not fair you got a kiss before we left for school, i want my fair share too."

you giggled and stuck your tongue out at him and continued your journey to your classroom.

life has been better after you made seokmin turn into a human. you were now into your second year with him and things seemed to flow really smoothly for you. seokmin was always there to protect you and make you smile when you were down.

his foolish acts never fail to make you into a laughing angel. you were just really thankful you decided to continue loving him and so was he.

"who knew matchsticks actually helped me fall in love the sweetest guy on earth?"

-yes fam here i am with an alternative ending that i owe like ten years ago lolol. i gotta sleep now, thank you for loving matchsticks!+ happy birthday to our sunshine seokmin & lowkey bias wrecker choi hansol!! bless up ♡