Chapter 27 Someone Like You

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."

Nothing compares
No worries or cares
Regrets and mistakes
They are memories made.
Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

"Why aren't you crying?," Kahlil asks.

"I guess because-," Im stumped. "I didnt feel the sparks anymore," I said. He gives me hot coco and a blanket.

"Well you guys had a good what-?,"

"6 years,"

"Damn," I lift my eyebrows, pretend to be shocked. "Hey everything will be fine," he rests his hand on my thigh. I finally break down, its over. I cry into him and he comforts me.

"Is it me? Am I the reason it didn't work?,"

"No," he says. "Its not your fault, some people aren't meant to be," I draw back and look at him.

"Ugh why is this shit so complicated, " I fall face first into the pillow. Kahlil laughs.

"Melanie, I dont want to make it more complicated for you but, I've fallen hard for you,"

August POV

What the hell did I just do? Fuck. I take off my wedding ring and look at it. I grab my phone and call Ashley.  "The girl"

"Hello?," Her voice reminds me of Melanie.

"I need your help,"

"Wassup?,"

"I broke it off,"

"And,"

"And? Im stumped,"

"Your technically still married, but your basically single. So do what you did before yall got together,"

"Your right, you down to come through,"

Melanie's POV

"How? When?," I ask him.

"When you first was at my doorstep, and when you smiled at me," I blush.

"Why me? Im such a mess," I say.

"We can be a mess together," he grabs my hand. Is this fool really trying to get with me right after a breakup? "You know breakup sex is the best therapy," I laugh.

"Where do you get all this shit from?,"

"I got my sources, " I laugh and scoot closer. "Now let Dr. Kahlil take care of you,"

**

"Bye," Kahlil says as I walk out.

"Bye," he puts his lips out and I get on my tippy toes and kiss him. I walk back to my car and drive back 'home'. I unlock the door and walk upstairs. I need somewhere to stay, well we still have the old house technically. I walk into the bedroom and see another chick on my side of the bed. Oh hell now! I exit the premises and check on the kids. Cienna is up sucking kn her fingers staring at the ceiling. "Hey cutie, " She smiles as I pick her up. "You sleep good?," I smile and kiss her cheek. "Lets get you packed," I sigh and start packing her clothes.

"Yeah," I hear August's voice project down the hall. I ignore and continue packing. "Me-,"

"August!," The 'girl' walks in. "Oh hi you must be Melanie," she puts her hand out. "Im Ashley," she smiles.

"Hi," I ignore her hand.

"Well, look whose up," She picks up Cienna.

"Dont pick up my daughter," I keep my cool.