How Can I Leave You Forever?

"How am I still alive?" I asked no one in particular.

"I don't really know but I don't really care how. I'm just glad your still alive." Zach was still hugging me.

"Let's get out of here." I told Zach.

"Are you going to leave me?" Marabelle asked, crying still.

"You should be with your dad. You guys can live the life you lived before your dad married her. A happy one." I smiled.

I started crying. I hugged her tight.

"I love you." I cried.

"I love you too. Promise you will visit?" She cried.

"Of course. How can I leave you forever?" I laughed and hugged her again. "I just have to get back to my family to sort things out." I looked down.

"I have to catch up with my dad anyway." Marabelle smiled.

"Bye." I cried and hugged her again.

"Bye." She cried.

Zach picked up Austin and we walked out of the door.

We got back to the Uber and got in.

"What happened to him?" Caroline asked, horrified.

We explained to her all that happened. Caroline hugged me after she figured out I almost died.

"I'm glad your OK." Caroline smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Later, Austin woke up and we explained to him what happened.

"I'm so glad your OK, sis." Austin started crying and hugged me.

"Thank you." I hugged him back.

"Well, how about we take advantage of being in this new city we have never been to before and explore?" Zach smiled at me and winked.

"Yeah, I guess we could." I bit my lip.

"You guys wanna go off alone, don't you?" Austin said, not smiling.

"Uh, yes." Zach laughed.

"Fine. Me and Caroline will go alone as well." Austin looked at Caroline and smiled.

"Good plan." Zach smiled as he grabbed me and practically jumped out of the car.

"Don't have too much fun!" Austin yelled at us as Zach and me ran off.

"Your really excited about this!" I laughed as we held hands running down the street.

"Why wouldn't I be? It's our first time alone for a long period of time in this huge glorious city. It's gonna be the most fun I've ever had!" He laughed.

"Where do you want to go first?" I asked.

"Anywhere you want to go, babe, today's your day." He said as he stopped running.

"Haha, ok. Um, well I'm really hungry." I laughed.

"Anywhere you want to go. I'll spend any amount just to make you happy." Zach smiled and hugged me.

"You are very enthusiastic about making me happy." I laughed.

"I just watched you almost die, I will do ANYTHING." He picked me up and swung me around.

We ended up stopping at a place called "The Fondue Pot."

"I LOVE fondue!" I smiled and jumped up and down.

"Today's your lucky day!" He smiled as he opened the door for me.

We ordered chocolate AND cheese fondue with as many foods to dip it in as I wanted because Zach wanted to make this the best lunch I've ever had.

"Maybe when we get back to Missouri you can come to church with my family and I?" Zach asked while holding my hand across the table.

"Yeah, I would like that." I smiled.

Our food came and I dove in. I dipped strawberries and Rice Krispie treats in chocolate. I was so hungry. Zach did the same thing.

"What do you want to do after this?" Zach asked.

"We can go sightseeing! Like we could go to the Empire State Building, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, ooh, I heard there is a Ferris Wheel inside of Toys R Us!" I freaked out.

"Sounds AWESOME!" Zach smiled and laughed and ran his hands through his hair.

After we finished eating we walked to the Empire State Building.

"Let's go all the way to the top!" I smiled as I grabbed Zach's hand and ran towards the door.

We got into an elevator and started ascending to the top.

"Aren't you afraid of heights?" Zach asked.

"As long as your with me, I'll be fine." I winked.

We were alone in the elevator. Zach wrapped his arms around me and kissed me.