A Million Bucks

The next morning I woke up Marabelle and Austin, then started getting dressed into a red bohemian crop top and Hollister high waisted shorts.

I put my hair in two braids as Marabelle came into the bathroom and asked me to put her hair up into two braids too.

"Of course I will." I smiled as I grabbed two ponytail holders and did it.

Afterwards, I went to go check on Austin. He was wearing a blue t shirt and blue jeans.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Yep." He thumbs-upped as he flopped on the couch.

He is not a morning person.

I picked out the blue unicorn shirt and jeans for Marabelle. She looked so cute. After everyone was dressed, we picked up Caroline at her house and drove to the airport.

Once we were there and walked in, I saw Zach leaning on the check-in counter.

"Hey, Kaitlyn." Zach smiled as he walked up and hugged me with his huge muscles.

Ahhh. He's so strong.

"Hi, I'm Zach." Zach smiled as he shook Austin's hand.

"I'm Austin, nice to meet you." Austin smiled.

"Nice to meet you too." He smiled and put his hands in his pockets.

"Hello. Kaitlyn's boyfriend!" Marabelle waved her hand.

"Shh, he's not my boyfriend." I laughed as I put her hand down.

"It's fine." He laughed.

"Well, let's get out tickets. Everybody take out your money." Austin said.

We all did and walked up to the check-in counter.

"Hello, we would like 5 airplane tickets to New York City." Austin smiled and told the lady.

"That will be 225 dollars." The lady said.

We put our money together and finally came up with 255 dollars and gave it to the lady.

"Thank you. There are tickets available for Southwest, Delta, and United. Which one?" The lady asked.

"Southwest." Austin said.

He only chose Southwest cause when our family flew to the Bahamas we flew Southwest and since we have never flown any other airline, he probably just said that one.

"Here are your tickets. Security is downstairs." The lady said with no care in the world while chewing her gum.

"Thank you, it means a lot. Your job is very important. Here is a tip." Austin smiled as he handed her money and patted her hand.

Austin was just like that. He was nice to everybody. I wish I could be like that.

"Hi." I smiled at Caroline.

I've never really talked to her before.

"Hello." Caroline smiled shyly back and slowly put up a hand to wave at me.

"I'm glad you and my brother are so close." I smiled.

"Yeah, me too. He's a good guy. I really like him. He makes me laugh." She smiled.

Caroline had long black hair. She was actually really pretty.

Meanwhile, Zach and Austin were having a conversation a couple yards away from them.

"I really like the Patriots." Zach said.

"That's brownie points for you." Austin laughed as he fist pumped Zach.

"Kaitlyn and I aren't dating." Zach laughed.

"But I'm sure you want to." Austin winked.

There was a silence.

"That's proof. You didn't answer. Your too shy to answer. You like Kaitlyn don't you?" Austin laughed.

"I don't think anyone can leave a conversation with her and not feel like a million bucks." Zach said quietly.

(Back to Kaitlyn's perspective)

I walked up to Zach and Austin.

"Hey guys! Are we almost to security?" I asked.

"Yeah, the sign says it's right down these stairs." Austin said as he pointed to the stairs.

Austin stayed back to walk with Caroline and Marabelle as I stayed with Zach.

"So, you ready for an adventure?" I asked, smiling and laughing.

"Uh, yeah!" Zach laughed.

"I've only been on a plane once when I was 13. So, I'm kinda nervous." I looked down.

"I'll be here." Zach put his arm around me.

He's putting his arm around me. Is this a sign?

I put my arm around him as well.