Chapter 1: Facing The Cybermen

There was a strange dark gray in the sky. No one in London seemed to notice and surely Nova didn't. Her eyes were stuck on her phone as she walked the streets of London. She had been up for days reading a blog on conspiracies about the doctor and his many companions. There was very little information about the doctor as well as his companions, but Nova wanted to make sure she knew ever bit.

"A scientist from years ago who developed some sort of formula to keep himself young." Nova read aloud, scoughing at how sci-fi it sounded. Slipping her phone in her pocket,Nova, stepped into the bookstore.

"Afternoon, Harkness." Co-worker and friend, Daniel Pearson, greeted the girl dressed in an oversized sweater and shorts. "I thought i told you to stop calling me that years ago,Danny." Nova complained going behind the counter.

"But its such an epic surname." Daniel said. The bookstore was very slow today, Nova was used to that though. She would just sit and read the blog section on the doctors "friends." Daniel snuck behind her, taking the phone. "Hey!" She shouted.

"Now let's see, the doctor has many friends. The only ones we have on record, taken from torchwood files, are from 2005 to 2010. They are as follows: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, and Donna Noble." He read Laughing afterwards. "You're still obsessed with that sci-fi show about the doctor- who,Again?"

"Its not a show...Idiot." Nova took her phone back, making a face a Daniel. "Its just the doctor. And I'm not obsessed, I'm...interested. That's all." Nova defended swinging her shoulder length, mousey brown hair, to the side.

"Anything else you're interested in?" Daniel gave Nova a flirtious smile. Daniel and Nova have known eachother ever since she moved to London from new York. The two did everything together. Daniel has loved Nova since the day the met, but Nova never responsed.

"I'm gonna run upstairs, catalog these damaged books." Nova said, swiftly walking away from the awkward moment she faced. In the bookstore's attic stood old advertisement signs, torn books, and boxes. Dust covered the items in a thin layer, as no one comes upstairs alot. Nova called them artifacts, things that reminded her of the past. She's worked at the bookstore since it opened, when she was 16, and she could remember every Half off book sign, Every sale, and every broken book she had to catalog. There was a new artifact in the attic. It didn't have dust on it, so it must've been new.

"A big blue box? A police box. Surely i couldn't forget this..." Nova examined the box, touching it lightly with her finger. She touched its handle, pulling it gently. Nothing happened. Thus proving it was only a promo-gimmick. She turned around going to the books she had to catalog. She heard aa squeal from outside. She rushed over to the window, seeing nothing she let out a sigh of relief.

"Good, nothing. Nothing's good, it generally means that there is something we are just unaware at the moment." The voice of the doctor said, as swift as usual. Nova turned around, meeting the eyes of the bow tied stranger. "Sorry, sir. Faculty only up here." She said trying to sound kind as she directed him to the door.

"I am...faculty." The doctor said, pulling out his physic paper. Nova read a loud. "Book inspector? That's not a real thing." She said placing her hands on her hips.

"Indeed i am. Call me the book inspector, nevermind don't call me that. I'm the doctor. Call me the doctor." The doctor introduced himself, shaking rather stunned Nova's hand.

"You can't be the doctor! Doctor who?" She said, raising her voice. She was in complete disbelief, her heart was pounding. This could just be the moment she'd been waiting for. "Just the doctor. Now, these books...why are they soo tattered." The doctor picked up a book scribbled in and pages ripped out. Nova wasn't listening.