Chapter 3: The Victorian Flame

Nova awoke in her room in the tardis. Sleeping on the top bunk of a bunk bed, she looked down at the ground. She sighed, not wanting to touch that icey,cold floor. She pulled back the TARDIS blue blankets, and slid her feet to the floor. Nova did her daily routine,She'd been with the doctor for about 2 weeks now. Taking a shower, going to the wardrobe, making breakfast in the kitchen, and lastly skipping to the console room.

Except, the doctor wasn't there. In the entire console room, not one sign of the bow tie wearing doctor. The tardis doors opened, Nova turned around quickly. She then let out a sigh of relief, as she saw a boot step through the door. It was the doctor with a curly haired woman on his arm. "Oh, Nova! This is..." he began before the curly headed woman, stepped directly infront of Nova. She outstretched a hand. "Professor River Song. His wife." She shook Nova's hand.

"Oh, doctor. I never knew you had a wife..." Nova teased the doctor rolled his eyes taking off the top hat he wore. "I'm Nova Harkness. Nice to meet you River." Nova greeted, shaking river's hand.

"So, where were you two off to?" Nova asked, jokingly raising her eyebrows. "A date." River said quickly.

"It's not a date!" He answered, but quickly said, Noticing the glare given from river. "I was taking her to a planet, an endless beach. The entire planet, a sea shore." The Doctor explained, getting more excited as he spoke. He started the tardis, pulling levers. "Wait- not to complain...but won't i sort of be a fourth wheel?" Nova said, causing the doctor to stop starting the tardis. "Aw...she's right, doctor." River said.

"Maybe i can go pick up Einstein! Or Vincent Van Gogh! Haven't seen him in ages!" The doctor began flicking switchs and pressing buttons of the tardis. "How about...we stop by the book store? Just for a sec." Nova asked, the doctor went silent.

"The bookstore? You want a book?"

"Sweetie, its a guy there..." River said, smirking at the doctor. "Oh...right. okay." The doctor finished to sequence of buttons and levers, pulling the biggest lever the tardis shook.

Back at the bookstore, Daniel sat in a chair reading a book behind the clerks counter. He heard the sound of the tardis appearing and looked up slowly. As soon as the tardis materialized, Daniel jump, falling out of his chair. The tardis door creaked open, Daniel slowly looked over the counter, fearful to investigate.

"Danny, its a blue box. What could it possibly do to you?" Nova said, watching her terrified friend from the tardis doors. "Oh! Nova! I wasn't scared...i was just- um. Looking for my contacts."

"You wear glasses, idiot." She said,Daniel stood. Straightening his glasses. The two looked at eachother in silence, before breaking the silence with a chuckles. The two ran into eachother, hugging. "I have no idea how you got here, I'm just glad you're back." Daniel said letting go of nova. "That's the thing, I'm not back, really. The doctor and I haven't found my dad yet." She explained.

"Where are you going?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know...everywhere.Like today, The doctor, his wife, and I are going to see a never ending beach planet." Nova said, excitingly jumping a little. Daniel gave her the look that read "are you insane?" As he listened to her.

"The Doctor? What are you on about?" He said. Nova groaned grabbing his arm,pulling him close to the tardis. "you won't believe me until-" she yanked his hand, actually making progress. "You see it for yourself." She finished dropping his hand, opening the tardis door. "There's is nothing inside this-" Daniel scoughed doubtfully going into the tardis. Only to open his eyes. "This....is a dream, right?" Daniel pushed back his glasses, going around in a circle. "Welcome to the tardis. I'm the doctor, this is River. Yup its bigger on the inside,Just Don't touch anything." The doctor said, shaking frozen Daniel's hand wildly then going back to the console.