Chapter 2: Trouble In Cardiff

Thanks to those who actually read my stuff! It means more than you can imagine. c: Hope you enjoy this chapter! (^-^)

---------------------------------

"Doctor?" Nova said coming down the tardis stairs, she had a look around in the TARDIS and found herself a little lost. The doctor didn't hear her. His eyes were focused on a the monitor. "Oh, good. There you are. Nearly got lost in there."

"Oh, well happens to the best of us." The doctor dismissed. "What are you doing?" Nova said, not enjoying the doctor ignoring her. "Files. Trying to find where Jack was last. His last time at the time agency was years ago." The doctor continued to read as documents would appear and disappear from the screen. "Have you checked, Torchwood?" Nova said pulling the monitor closer to eye level. The doctor looked at Nova. "Torchwood? How do you know about, torchwood?"

"I've been researching much, much longer than you have." Nova said, chuckling under her breath sitting in the captains chair. "Does the tardis have wifi?" Nova asked pulling out her phone. The doctor took Nova's phone, sonicing it with his screwdriver, after a few beeps and rings he gave it back to her. "Universal Network." The doctor said.

"Ooh cool." Nova said. "so, how'd you get this amazing contraption? The CIA?"

"Gallifrey." The doctor stated, the tardis rocked and shook, knocking Nova down. She had forgotten about the random rumbles. "Gallifrey,never heard of that before." Nova said standing up when the rumbling stoped. "That's because it's a planet." The doctor said bluntly

"You're an alien?" Nova asked.

"Yeah. Is that okay?" The doctor asked raising his eyebrow at Nova.

"Yeah." She breathed, taking it all in. The tardis, the doctor, even cybermen were too much for her. She looked down at her phone, realizing Danny had called her 11 times. "Good. we're in Cardiff. Torchwood Headquarters should be around here somewhere..." the doctor said stepping out the tardis, Nova stayed inside. "Come along, Harkness."

"I'll be out in a sec, just need to call someone." Nova put the phone to her ear.

"God, Nova, I thought you were hurt. You didn't show up to work yesterday." Nova smiled at the sound of Daniel's voice. Daniel paced in his living room. "I know, sorry..." she sighed, going to the tardis door. She saw the doctor waiting for her, he gazed at the bright sky. "Where are you? I tried your house but-"

"I'm in Cardiff, with a friend. I'll see you soon. Promise." Nova said. She knew Daniel wouldn't believe her, and would most likely go to Cardiff. Just to see her. "Alright, just be careful." Daniel said, handing up. Nova noticed the frustrated tone in his voice. She just rolled her eyes as she put her phone in the pocket, of a red leather jacket she found in the TARDIS wardrobe.

"Doctor!" Nova called, not seeing him gazing at the sky any longer. The crowd of people walking past Nova and the TARDIS moved past. Nova saw the doctor, siting alone on a bench. She skipped over to him and sat down.

"Why isn't it...cold?" The doctor said looking at the sky then back at people wearing shorts in January. "January 31st and not a single person wearing a coat. Usually the climates 2 degrees celcius and its-" the doctor stood up, putting his finger in the air. "32 degrees." He concluded.

"So,it's a little warmer outside." Nova said, trying to understand the doctor's point. "Something's wrong, very wrong." The doctor began to walk, Nova jumped up to follow him. "So, that's it. You're gonna find out what's wrong?" Nova questions out of breath, the doctor quickly walking through the crowd of people. "Yeah, sort of what I always do."

Nova and the doctor approached a thick circle of people. People were gathered watching a Chinese dragon dance. They clapped and chuckled as the dancing dragon puppet, glimmer as it jumped. The dragon was white, a luminous white with golden accents on its sides. Nova stood on her toes to just barely, see above the heads of a few dozen people. "For Chinese New Year?" Nova said to the doctor, meeting his eye level since she stood on her toes. The doctor didn't look very pleased. As the dancing puppet finished its last star gazing flip, it disappeared in a flash of golden, fload of glitter. The crowd clapped and awed as they all dispersed. The doctor caught a few graduals of the tiny glitter pieces. "What do you think it is?" Nova asked as the doctor soniced the glitter in his hands. "Sulurian DNA?" The doctor exclaimed, surprised by the readings.