Chapter Five: Baby and a Blown Cover

Finally the five months were over. Zemaria secretly left the Village. She summoned a carrier snake and attached a message with info on the Akatsuki's current plans and movements and forewarned that she was now nine months and almost ready to have the baby. Pein had increasingly grown suspicious of her and her motives for being in the Organization.

Upon her return, he appeared out of the shadows. Konan was with him. Zemaria tried not to appear nervous. What was she going to do? Had they figured out she had been spying on them for the Leaf?

"I detected that you had left the Village. Is there a reason for that?" Pein asked suspiciously.

"I needed a few minutes away from all of the rain. Five months of it and sometimes I just need a breather from it," she lied.

She had a sudden contraction. The baby was on its way. Pein asked Konan to escort her to the Hospital while he got contact to Itachi to arrive at the Village. The Medical Ninja got her prepared for labor. It didn't take long before Itachi arrived and was in the room with her holding her hand. She didn't have the strength to think about all the things she could do to him because of this pregnancy.

Her labor lasted almost ten hours. After so much pain and agony, the baby came out. It was a boy. The nurses cleaned him and wrapped him up in a blanket before handing him to Itachi first. He held him for a few minutes and then handed him to Zemaria. She didn't know whether to smile or to be pissed.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" The nurse asked.

"He'll be called Karasu," Zemaria said.

Zemaria stayed in the hospital for a couple of days before returning to her living quarters in the Village. After a couple of weeks, Pein summoned her to his office. He wanted to confront her about his suspicions. He also summoned Itachi to his office as well. Tobi who was Zetsu's partner ever since Sasori's death and Zemaria switched to Deidara was present. He was holding Karasu.

"The reason why I have summoned you here Zemaria is that I have suspicions that you've been feeding information about the Organization to the Leaf Village. I have reasons to believe that you never actually cut ties with the Leaf but instead it was all setup to appear that way. You aren't really a rouge Ninja, are you?" He interrogated her.

She saw Tobi had her son, "Before I answer, tell me what Tobi is doing with Karasu."

"He's holding onto him for a bit of leverage and confirmation. You see, if you express that you don't care about the baby it will prove to me that you really are here to spy. If you do express that you care about the baby then it either proves you aren't here to spy or you're refusing to let it be known that you are spying. Either way it'll prove something," he answered.

"That didn't seem to make much sense..." she said.

He went close to her and held a kunai to her throat, "Okay then. Give me one good reason why I should trust you."

"Give me any mission you choose. Any and I'll carry out the mission and complete it. That can be my way of proving my loyalty to you and the Organization," she suggested.

"Alright, fine. I want you to return to the Leaf and retrieve the nine-tails. Itachi will go with you," he ordered.

Before he dismissed them he warned that if they failed or if she betrayed them, their son would die. For a good while as they walked, Zemaria was absolutely silent. She hadn't said a word since Pein dismissed them. This was going to be a disaster.

"You haven't said a word since we left the Village," he noticed.

She stopped walking, "I wonder why. Itachi, you raped me. I had a child I don't want. Pein killed the child I did want; Shikamaru's child. My life was fine until nine months ago!"