• TWENTY •

Alden

Maine turned the paper and softly read what's written on the back.

I will never stop M. I will look for you everyday and everywhere, because I know you are the one. I love you.

And if you are reading this right now, it means I was right, and that I bought a ring and am about to propose. - Richard 1/12/2012

I still remember writing that note. I was so devastated when I realized Maine was gone. I cried a little but then I made up my mind that I am going to look for her, whatever it takes, I am going to look for her, because I already know right then and there, that she is the one.

And I was right all along.

Maine looked up from the paper she is holding and smiled at me, love written all over her face.

My heart is beating so fast, my hands are sweaty, I have never been this nervous. Maine can tell I am nervous and then she gave me the most sweetest smile.

Taking that as my cue, I then drop on my knee and reach inside my inner suit pocket, taking the small light blue box that holds the most precious ring that I am going to give to my future wife, to future Mrs. Richard Faulkerson.

"Maine Mendoza, I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You, Enzo and Katie, and our future kids," I smirked, raising my left eyebrow, "you are all my life now, and I don't know how I am going to live it without you in it. Maine, will you marry me?"

I opened the Tiffany box and I see appreciation in her eyes. She likes the ring!

"Yes! Oh my God, Richard, yes I will marry you." She exclaimed, cupping her face with her hands. I see tears now.

Thank God she said yes! Honestly, when I asked her for a date this morning, I am having doubts if I should go ahead with my proposal, thinking that Maine may think it is way too soon. Besides it has only been six days, but it's now or never. I am not going back home without the assurance that Maine and my kids are mine, putting a ring on her finger, gives me that.

Maine pulled me up and soon I am slipping the ring on her finger. It slides so perfectly.

"It's gorgeous hon. Thank you." She tells me, pressing her lips against mine.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Like? Oh my God hon! I love it!" She exclaimed, holding her hand out, examining her ring.

"She said yes guys! You can come out now." I blurted out.

Maine looked at me, totally confused. Just then Katie, Enzo, Sam, MamaTen and Frances, yes Frances, came walking out to the deck.

"Daddy! We are in a bowt!" Enzo said excitedly, running towards me and giving my thighs a hug.

"Yes we are buddy! You are excited, I can tell." I tell him, giving the top of his head a kiss.

"Oh my God! Frances you're here!" Maine screamed, tears in her eyes.

I asked Frances to delay her flight to Sweden till tomorrow but to not tell Maine because I really wanted to surprise her. When I called her yesterday, she was so excited. Frances is Maine's best friend and I wanted my fiancée to share this special moment with her best friend.