7. The Power of Love

Logan's POV
I waited for hours and hours by Corey's side, holding his hand and praying for him to wake up. By morning, I was still there and he was still asleep.
I heard the door open and quickly snapped my head around. Joc, Trayce, and Mia came in. They lightly smiled at me, but I just turned my head back to Corey.
"How ya doin, babe?" Mia asked, sitting next to me and hugging my side.
I shook my head as tears weld up into my eyes.
"He'll be okay. He's a tough kid. He'll wake up in no time and be just fine." Joc said, looking down at Corey and patting his leg.
"I hope so..." I mumbled, rubbing his hand with my thumb.
"C'mon, why don't you go home, shower, get some sleep and some food? Trayce and I will keep an eye on him and let you know if anything happens." Joc said.
I shook my head instantly, refusing to leave his side.
"He'll be fine. You'll do him no good of you're tired and cranky." Mia joked, nudging my side.
I sighed and nodded. I am beat, and starving.
I kissed Corey's head and grabbed my purse, leaving with Mia. She drove me home and I went straight for the shower. I stood in there for probably a good hour, just washing away the waste of the past 12 hours. I threw on a t-shirt and some Nike shorts, then put my hair up in a ponytail. I cuddled into bed and was out before my head hit the pillow.
A Few Hours Later
I woke up, feeling refreshed. I went downstairs and saw Mia had fallen asleep on the couch. I went into the kitchen and made myself some food. I haven't eaten since the game.
I devoured my food and cleaned up a little. I finished loading the dishwasher when the houseline rang. It was Joc. Oh no...
Phone Convo
Logan- Hello?
Joc- Logan, he's awake, but h-
Logan- I'll be there in 20 minutes.
End of Convo
I ran upstairs and quickly changed into a tank-top and leggings. I threw on a pair of Converse and grabbed my purse, running out the door. I sped to the hospital and up to his room. I burst through the door and the boys were sitting around Corey, who was sitting up and looking at me.
"Baby..." I sighed in relief, hugging him.
"Um...who are you?"
It took me a few seconds to register what he just said. I pulled away.
"Corey..." I nervously laughed. "It's me...You don't remember me?" I asked, heartbroken.
He looked at me for a few seconds, then shook his head.
"No. Who's Corey?" He said blankly.
My eyes swelled up with tears. I felt my arm being pulled away and into the hallway by Joc.
"Joc...Why doesn't he remember me?" I cried.
"I tried to tell you on the phone...He lost his memory. He has no idea who anyone is, how he got here. He doesn't even know about the Dodgers, his family, even his own identity. Doctor said it could go away...or it could be permanent..." He sighed.
My heart shattered into a million pieces. He doesn't remember me...He doesn't remember how we meet...Our first kiss...Our first date...Nothing...
"W-what if it never comes back?" I stuttered.
Joc looked at me, a look that said "He'll never be the same again".
I started sobbing as Joc pulled me into a hug. After a while, I got an idea. If Corey and I are meant to be, this will work. We went back in and I sat right next to him.
"I'm sorry I made you cry. Beautiful girls shouldn't cry. I just can't remember anything." He said.
I smiled at bit.
"You mean, you don't remember this?" I asked.
I leaned in and kissed him passionately. After a few seconds, he kissed back as his hands cupped my face. We pulled away and his face lit up.
"L-Logan...Hey baby..." He whispered.
I squealed in excitement as I smashed my lips onto his again.
"Alright, enough! Get a room!" Trayce teased.
"We already got one." Corey smirked, making us all laugh.
"You remember me?" I asked.
"Of course I do, baby. You're the love of my life, my reason for living, you're my beautiful girlfriend." He smiled.
My heart melted into a puddle. My Corey's back...

A/N
Sorry it took so long to update! I kinda ran out of idead but if you have any, please DM me!