Seen It

Ernest P.O.V

    He couldn't think of the right way to tell her everything that he knew; Gail would be upset if he told her a lot. She looked up into his eyes. He knew she was dying to know, after all she had been listing to everything that had been happening the whole time.

    "Any longer and it will be night." Phoenix said sarcastically.

    "Right." He mumbled. He still could figure out where to start. "What--er--do you want to know?" He asked hoping it was something he could tell her.

    "Dakota, Dimitri, Trevor, Emma, Leona, You, and Gail." She said happily.

    "Right." He mumbled again. He took a deep breath. " In that order?" He asked.

    She shrugged. "I don't care." Her smile widened as Ernest opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. His mouth was dry. He looked up at the ceiling to avoid her gaze. He bit his lower lip painfully but ignored the pain. He couldn't stall anymore. Sighing he looked back at her and began to speak at last.

    " Dakota was your parents best friend, along with Dimitri, Trevor, Gail, and me. At your parents wedding he became your godfather. He has been looking for your parents ever since they disappeared. They haven't died! I'm sure of it! Anyways, that's all I can tell you about him. I didn't know him as well as Lily and Gene did.

    " Dimitri, let's see, he's to Dakota's brother. He was part of our whole five person group--"

    Gail bursted into the room before Ernest could say anymore.

    "Ernest, we need you. It's important." Gail grabbed Ernest and pulled him out of the room before he could get to his feet. "Phoenix," Gail said, " stay here."

Phoenix's P.O.V.

    Why can't I ever go out there? Why is all the ADULTS out there and not me? I can help too. Hate thoughts came flooding into her mind. All she could think about is home much she hated it here. How she wanted to be back with here friends.

    She looked around the room. Is there anything to do?  She sat at an old desk and stared out of the window. She wanted to be home. She didn't like it here. She wanted to see her friends again. Her friends. Her friends! Outside the window was Grayson, Cheyenne, and Travis.

    She pounded on the window, hoping for one of them to notice. Cheyenne pointed her direction. Phoenix's spirits went up. They see me, they're coming. Grayson shakes his head and they continue walking. A wave of emotions flow over Phoenix. She sinks into the bed and sobs.

    A solid five minutes pass. Phoenix wants to go back. She needs to go back. Ernest walks in the room. He looks over at Phoenix.

    "Oh no, Phoenix, what happened?" Ernest asks sweetly. Phoenix sniffles mumbling something to herself. "I--do you--we can--"

    Gail comes into the room, " Ernest-- What did you do!? Can you not see you hurt--"

    "I didn't do anything, she started to cry after I left." He explained. "Please tell me what's wrong, Phoenix." He says turning to her.

    Phoenix looks up at him and points to the window. Ernest stands up and looks out of it then finally asks, "What?"

    Gail puts his hand up to his face and sighs, " She misses her friends, don't you realize we just TOOK her from them?" He walks over to Phoenix, "We can--er-- try to arrange some sort of visit--"

    "Now! Now! Please!" Phoenix says jumping off the bed. Wiping her tears she looks out the window, Cheyenne, Travis, and Grayson are sitting on a bench across from the tent. Grayson puts his arm around Cheyenne. Phoenix frowned. She looked back at them, put her head down, shaking her head. "Another time..." she says.